Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aygo transponder receiver ? location

Chris Crucial

I wanted a spare key and a new locking petrol cap for my 2005 Aygo but as I was quoted £200 for just the key (with the push door unlock / lock buttons), I thought I would be clever....

I bought from an eBay scrap yard 2 keys and a petrol locking cap, but to make things work you also receive and have to swap the door locks, speedo and the ECU, and another thing, I think it is a 'transponder receiver'.

BUT ! I cannot find the original 'transponder receiver' in the car to swap it over.

Anybody know where it is ? :-)

watch this video

at around 2min 50 sec's you start to see some of the parts that you have ,they are tucked away under the dash at the top.

maybe you should of bought the key & cap

OMG !! and Thank you.

i take it you recognised the boxes then lol

toyota couldn't place an item like that where it could be easily swapped out

as the cars security could be breached easily

Surely you can just swap the key blade into your existing body, that way none of the electronics are affected?!?!?

2 hours ago, Plob said:

Surely you can just swap the key blade into your existing body, that way none of the electronics are affected?!?!?

the original post is about getting a 2nd key & petrol cap this is why he bought all modules ,locks & keys as it was cheaper

so swapping the blade would only give him 1 key still.

Oh sorry, I misunderstood, he wants a second remote key!!!

I thought he had issues with keys and locks?!?! I think the petrol cap thing threw me!!!

Think we all want two remote keys, but whatever you do you're still going to have, at the very least to get minimum one remote key programed to the immobiliser and central locking! If not more!!!

I ran into similar issues with an after market alarm system on my old 106! (Fobs and a kiss key)

Surely there must be a cheaper option than to go original equipment? Or to completely replace your cars electronics!

Edited by Plob
Spolling