Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo Won't Start

S_J_P

A while I posted a thread which included mention of a starting problem with my '64 plate Aygo (see below).  This evening when leaving work the car wouldn't start again, fortunately this time I caught it on the dash cam (Dashcam footage)

You can hear that there is absolutely no life in the engine at all.  I initially just turn the ignition off and try to restart, then I take the key out and reinsert it, then I finally remove the key, lock and unlock the car and then finally it starts (after around 2 minutes of faffing about).

It smacks of a problem with the immobiliser not disengaging.

Has anyone else had anything similar happen to them?

Edited by S_J_P
Mended link

Haven't had this problem, but I would get it to the dealers as soon as possible. The starter motor isn't designed to operate for long periods of time like that. You may end up causing other problems too.

Dealer should give you a courtesy car whilst yours is getting looked at.

I think I may have resolved my starting probelm, and it was operator error!

I'm relatively tall, and I find my right knee brushes the ignition key, so when I insert the flip-key the right way around I flip the fob downwards so it's hanging out of the way of my knee - unfortunately this also prevents the reception of the immobiliser transponder signal in the key fob!

The car will run happily with the key fob in the downwards position, but it will not (re)start.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links