Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Customer Service Campaign on 1.0

Devon Aygo

Toyota have just announced today a voluntary service campaign on some 1.0 IQ to replace an Insulator & Exhaust manifold to fix an issue of possible Engine Knocking and poor acceleration.

Please visit : https://www.toyota.co.uk/caring-for-your-toyota/owners/recall-checker.json to see if your car is affected and if so contact your dealer to arrange an appointment as this is not a Recall ownership details cannot be obtained from the DVLA so Toyota have to rely on both Their own & the dealers records to locate cars.

• Like 1

Hi Lee

Do you know if this includes replacement of the (well known problematic) EGR valve?

Dave

I trust I don't need a Toyota service history to qualify for this campaign. Last 2 services have been done independently. 

Can anyone confirm?

Dave

Is the toyota iq 2011 1.3cc free of this problems?

According to Devon, it is just some 1.0 litre IQ's. A full Toyota service history isn't needed for recalls/voluntary customer service campaigns. Use the recall checker to check whether your car is affected.

Done the check on my 1.33 car and nothing comes up. Chose a random 1.0 model for sale on eBay and that did say it is subject to a voluntary customer service so yes, 1.0 models only by the sounds of it.

Craig.

• Like 1

Maybe it's the earlier cars then, the one I tested it on was a 2010 model.

Craig.

12 hours ago, dash said:

Hi Lee

Do you know if this includes replacement of the (well known problematic) EGR valve?

Dave

The "problematic" EGR was never the issue, that fault was to do with too much soot blocking a small pipe from the EGR to the intake manifold the fix was a redesigned catalyst with a different EGR feed (moved from pre to post catalyst) and a new "insulator" with a redesigned port to reduce the possibility of blocking. The new campaign is the same repair.

I have just checked my 1.0 IQ2, 60 plate.  Not affected, so it looks like it's just the very early 1.0 models.

My 1.0 IQ2 is affected. I purchased it new in September 2009. My local Toyota dealer have ordered the parts and will let me know when they've arrived.

I had noticed a reduction in power over the last 12 months or so. The car shudders if I try and accelerate from 2000 rpm or less, and the acceleration feels more sluggish than before. Average mpg has dropped from 53 mpg to 48 mpg, presumably because I'm holding on to the lower gears for longer. I had intended to report the problem at the next service. I hope this recall fixes the performance problem .If the IQ had just a bit more power, it would be perfect for my commute.

This will be the 3rd recall since I bought the car, though it's otherwise been very reliable and cheap to run.

Parts are currently available in Toyota's UK warehouse and will be installed on mine next month. Full day job... 

Glad Toyota are now rectifying this 'ticking time-bomb' as it is this very issue which was affecting my confidence in long term ownership.

Mine comes up! Have the really annoying shudder at 2k revs, so will give them a ring! Thanks so much for the info. :)

Is there a link to anything to do with it, or do we know what exactly is being replaced?

On 05/16/2016 at 10:07 PM, Devon Aygo said:

Toyota have just announced today a voluntary service campaign on some 1.0 IQ to replace an Insulator & Exhaust manifold ....

As far as I'm aware a voluntary recall such as this, unlike a DVSA recall, won't have details put in the public domain.

• Like 1

Thanks. Mine is booked in for next Thursday. I asked what was being replaced and he just said the manifold. I asked about the EGR valve and he said 'oh, only diesels have those, yours it petrol'! I didn't argue the point, will talk to them when I go in.

On 05/17/2016 at 9:17 PM, Devon Aygo said:

The "problematic" EGR was never the issue, that fault was to do with too much soot blocking a small pipe from the EGR to the intake manifold the fix was a redesigned catalyst with a different EGR feed (moved from pre to post catalyst) and a new "insulator" with a redesigned port to reduce the possibility of blocking. The new campaign is the same repair.

See Lee's earlier reply.

4 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

See Lee's earlier reply.

I did see that, but it confused me to be honest. It says it was 'never the issue' then says 'the new campaign is the same repair'. It's me not understanding I know! Sorry.

From what I understand the EGR itself wasn't the problem previously. It was the feed pipe and the insulator. The repair previously (which presumably was done largely via the warranty) and under this voluntary recall, is a redesigned catalytic convertor (with a repositioned feed pipe) and a new insulator.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

From what I understand the EGR itself wasn't the problem previously. It was the feed pipe and the insulator. The repair previously (which presumably was done largely via the warranty) and under this voluntary recall, is a redesigned catalytic convertor (with a repositioned feed pipe) and a new insulator.

Ok, cool. I get what your saying. The EGR isn't actually changed, but components around it are, which is what they are doing here to solve the 'EGR' issue. Think that's what you'e saying. :) Thanks very much.

Einstein is booked in for this work on the 22nd June as he is affected by this at Johnsons Liverpool.  I've noticed a steady increase in loss of power when I need to accelerate.

Cheers for posting this.

I got the old type (confirmed visually, its easy to see the difference), but my VIN is for some reason not affected by the recall (mid 2010 IQ2).

Anyone else in the same boat?

I have been nagging on my dealer about this since I bought it. You could say our relationship isn't the best anymore, and any goodwill is out of the question at this point.

Would love to get this crap sorted out..

16 hours ago, Hairy Nugget said:

I got the old type (confirmed visually, its easy to see the difference), but my VIN is for some reason not affected by the recall (mid 2010 IQ2).

Anyone else in the same boat?

I have been nagging on my dealer about this since I bought it. You could say our relationship isn't the best anymore, and any goodwill is out of the question at this point.

Would love to get this crap sorted out..

What is your chassis number and i can have a quick look?

56 minutes ago, Devon Aygo said:

What is your chassis number and i can have a quick look?

Much obliged!

Chassi/VIN is JTNML11080J049501.

By the way, the recall checker I used is at toyota.no not toyota.co.uk  - I'm norwegian, and using the uk one only gives me the message "Sorry, an error occurred")

Well I think someone at your dealer is being less than honest as when input your chassis number into Toyota's Techdoc3 site I see the following:

IQ.png

It is possible that Toyota Norway are yet to roll the campaign out but any dealer in the EU can carry out the repair free of charge under warranty.

• Like 1