Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Customer Service Campaign on 1.0

Devon Aygo

How in gawd's name can a radiator repair/replacement cost £460... someone is profiteering here pal.  Find another place to have your car repaired.  Back in the day... my first (used) car cost me a grand total of £80 (yes, the complete car!) and I used it for years...

No idea, I've just got back from Toyota and popped in to my trusted local on the way back and they did ask if I had saw any pools of liquid on the floor and I said no, to which they took a look and said don't worry about it, they could lift a few bonnets of the motors they have in and show most are leaking some sort of liquid.   They are trying to recoup some of the costs for the recall.

I've had several quotes ranging from 175 to 205 if I wanted to get the work done. 

I didn't get an invoice from Toyota for the work, its been entered on mytoyota as the following:

WARRANTY WORK. CUSTOMER COMPLA, REPAIR KIT, EXH,GASKET, EXHAUST,TAPE, MOULDING

So far the car is more responsive, the power is there and the vibrations are much less now which is fantastic. Will try to write a bit more once I've given it a blast on the motorway as well.

1 hour ago, daveh_rav4 said:

How in gawd's name can a radiator repair/replacement cost £460... someone is profiteering here pal.  Find another place to have your car repaired.  Back in the day... my first (used) car cost me a grand total of £80 (yes, the complete car!) and I used it for years...

They will be quoting for a new replacement radiator probably. Not like we would do and remove and go and get it repaired, like I used to do with my Mini.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I spent a year trying to convince Toyota that my 2009 IQ had this fault and was told on many occasions that there was nothing wrong with the car I am glad now that Toyota has admitted the fault even after 7 years. I sold the car and purchased a DS3 which has been faultless Toyota has a lot to learn about customer care why do they think that the common driver is a idiot and cannot tell when a car they have for years is not working as it should. (My IQ was due to have the recall)

• 1 month later...
On 26 May 2016 at 9:51 PM, Devon Aygo said:

Well I think someone at your dealer is being less than honest as when input your chassis number into Toyota's Techdoc3 site I see the following:

IQ.png

It is possible that Toyota Norway are yet to roll the campaign out but any dealer in the EU can carry out the repair free of charge under warranty.

Hi, could you check my Belgian IQ Which I bought here in the Netherlands.

Toyota Netherlands does not have a recall from what I see.

JTNML11070J021091is my reg.nr.

registration from august 2009, so it's the first model 1.0 IQ

3 hours ago, davidgilmour said:

Hi, could you check my Belgian IQ Which I bought here in the Netherlands.

Toyota Netherlands does not have a recall from what I see.

JTNML11070J021091is my reg.nr.

registration from august 2009, so it's the first model 1.0 IQ

iqr.png

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the info about this. Emailed my dealer here in Sweden and got a time next week for the job, no cost.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links