Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HELP NEEDED

MODMAN

Hello, everyone I have a COROLLA GS, before I purchased it, the car had one previous owner from new, it has only 65000 miles on the clock and is in pristine condition, I have all history from new. I don,t now need the car as I have a new one and was just wondering if anyone could give information on how to sell it, I don,t want it to be just a runaround for some young boy racer as the car needs to be seen to be believed condition wise. Any help would be much appreciated.

For me, i sold my old BMW within a week using eBay and Gumtree, both great for selling cars IMO

If you are selling the car, you are selling it and despite your wishes you cannot really tell what any buyer really  is like.

Local Free Ads or Auto Trader have worked for me, but beware the 'regulars' who often use several different callers who try /harass to knock down the price before they even arrive.

Just make sure you do not get stung in the process.

If they take it for a test drive, go with them and check the car/they are insured to do so before setting off.

I personally avoid accepting any deposits, if they want it they will quickly come back with the full amount.

Accept only cash or direct bank transfers, confirmed over the phone with your bank, even bankers drafts / building society cheques do not seem as safe as they used to be.

When giving a receipt ensure it clearly states, Sold as seen, tried and tested, no guarantee or warranty of any description and get them to sign a copy of the receipt for your records.

http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/car-buyers-guide/cbg_sellerscontract.html

Ensure the log book forms  V5 are properly sent off by the correct parties.

I would add to the above to note the time of day the sale took place on the receipt. I sold a car to a fellow from Glasgow around noon and at the 6pm the same day the car was caught on camera going through a red light. The police sent me the ticket.