Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Roadside Assistance

Wayne2015

Planned to buy Toyota s Roadside Assistance this month for £69 (as my own RAC cover expires...)

Checked last night and BLASTED!

Price has gone up - grrrrrr

https://www.toyota.co.uk/caring-for-your-toyota/owners/roadside-assistance.json

Screenshot_2016-05-18-06-51-44_zpsvmzeo6

Lol

Thanks for the warning, I should still have about 12 months left to go before I need to payout. I renewed last year with the old car, then bought another a month later, so they added the old one onto the new one.

Good to hear

My extended warranty kicks in next year ,which includes Toyota Roadside Assistance :biggrin:

Yeah, I don't get it; Before, when they were with the RAC, it was a definite bargain - IIRC <50% of the full-whack AA/RAC cover at the time and the price stayed static for ages and on top of that there were lots of discount offers - Admittedly mostly useless stuff like airport parking and car rental; The usual kind of random discounting offers you tend to get! - But still it was nice stuff thrown in.

When they rebranded it from Club Toyota to Toyota Roadside Assistance and changed to the AA, the discount offers were all removed but the price has gone up a tiny bit almost every year!

I thought it would have been cheaper without all those offers!

The problem is, if they push the price up much more I'd be more inclined to go with the AA or RAC directly as I don't need Home Start (Yay for travelling mechanics!) and you get the advantage of the breakdown cover applying to any car you are in and not just yours!

I have just because it's still cheaper for European cover, I haven't yet had the experience of the AA. Only had to call the RAC out twice while having my first Toyota.

1 hour ago, Cyker said:

Yeah, I don't get it; Before, when they were with the RAC, it was a definite bargain - IIRC <50% of the full-whack AA/RAC cover at the time and the price stayed static for ages and on top of that there were lots of discount offers - Admittedly mostly useless stuff like airport parking and car rental; The usual kind of random discounting offers you tend to get! - But still it was nice stuff thrown in.

When they rebranded it from Club Toyota to Toyota Roadside Assistance and changed to the AA, the discount offers were all removed but the price has gone up a tiny bit almost every year!

I thought it would have been cheaper without all those offers!

The problem is, if they push the price up much more I'd be more inclined to go with the AA or RAC directly as I don't need Home Start (Yay for travelling mechanics!) and you get the advantage of the breakdown cover applying to any car you are in and not just yours!

The Toyota offers now reside in the 'My Rewards' section of My Toyota.

Both the AA and RAC are more expensive - eg for UK breakdown cover, National Recovery and including the current offer of free Onward Travel, the AA is £89 (without Home Start and not sure this includes personal cover).

5 hours ago, Cyker said:

The problem is, if they push the price up much more I'd be more inclined to go with the AA or RAC directly as I don't need Home Start (Yay for travelling mechanics!) 

Don't quite get this - if your car breaks down & you call a travelling mechanic is he going to  do it for free? If you genuinely don't need it then yes, Toyota is dearer because it is offering a higher level of cover.

Another one to consider is Autoaid. This is essentially an insurance policy - if you breakdown you have to pay the repairer at the time & then reclaim it but the annual premium is ~£42.