Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

USB not working on Touch & Go

Anthony Poli

Hi all,

My mothers 2013 Yaris with the touch & go, doesn't recognize USB devices. The option is greyed out and is not selectable, has anybody else had this?

I think Mr T has ordered a new sat nav, so hopefully  it should be all sorted. They said with the sat nav unplugged the USB works, but when its plugged back in the usb doesn't work.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Anthony,

Did you have any progress with your issue? I have almost the same exact problem with my Auris' Touch & Go. Both bluetooth and usb port ceased to work one month after the warranty expired (oh woe is me!) - and also start working after the nav module is unplugged. The mechanics at Toyota said I had to buy new maps to update the whole system - but since the usb won't work they couldn't upgrade (duh). Told me I had to buy a new nav module from Toyota for approx. £800... :blink:

So I'm very curious how you dealt with your situation. Thanks in advance for any info you can share. :smile:

Hi,

They now want the car for the whole day, so they can take another look. That is booked in for a week on Thursday and since then the sat nav, can't find any satellites, and the map just shows green, no roads. So the question is, is there a loose cable for the antenna or has it gone faulty completely now?

I'll keep you posted of the next development.

There is another option for you, a scrapyard.

My previous car was second hand and the radio was faulty, also out of warranty. I used was one those part finder websites, managed to find a radio that was not too far away. Toyota price was something like £1200 for a new one if it was available, compared to scrapyard price of £130. I replaced it myself. :-)

Thanks! The whole thing left the guys at the shop stupefied. They will try and contact a main branch of Toyota to treat the issue as a warranty case and try to get some good will out of them - seeing as it happened only a month after the warranty expired. However will have to consider a scrap yard solution when push comes to shove.

Still I would greatly appreciate an update of your mother's Yaris case - maybe there's a simpler option the mechanics here haven't thought of. Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Had the MOT done and they have also fixed the problem, but not said what they had done. I do know the addresses stored on the sat nav are still there, the only difference i can see is, when you go to settings for the touch and go, there is only 4 buttons instead of 5 on screen. I will have another look in a weeks time.

• 1 month later...

Also had the issue fixed here. Toyota replaced the entire nav unit free of charge as a sign of good will. bluetooth, usb and nav memory back in working order. Really lucked out on that one. Cheers.

Also had the issue fixed here. Toyota replaced the entire nav unit free of charge as a sign of good will. Bluetooth, usb and nav memory back in working order. Really lucked out on that one. Cheers.

According to the my Toyota service info, they put NFF for the USB, they had to reinstall the map for the sat nav not working properly. I managed to install the glass of water and map updates. So all back to normal again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 years later...

I have seen many posts in this thread about the usb port suddenly stop working. I was able to get mine to work again by turning off the blue tooth and the usb and auxillary ports were active again.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links