Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

double beep noises

Donmaico

I have a Yaris hybrid and from time to time it makes a double beep noise .Can anyone suggest what might be causing it? thanks

13 minutes ago, Donmaico said:

I have a Yaris hybrid and from time to time it makes a double beep noise .Can anyone suggest what might be causing it? thanks

Sounds like speed camera warning within the satnav (assuming you have the Toyota satnav system installed?).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MEP's Yaris GS said:

Sounds like speed camera warning within the satnav (assuming you have the Toyota satnav system installed?).

I Wondered what that was at first, when i drove it. That was after i discovered somebody had turned the volume down for the navigation instructions. ;-)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MEP's Yaris GS said:

yes I do .Thanks for that and useful to know,.I only recently bought the car so its a bit of  learning curve :) . RE satnav I do have another question and that is regrading updates .Apparently i would have to use a a USB stick  laid the details onto it then feed that inept toyota's online tool kit( app) which I would have to download to  my computer .Trouble is I have an iMac which does not recognise the app so I wondered if there was some other way I could do the updates .Given the increasing popularity of Apple computers it seems a bit remiss to me, on the part of  Toyota .

one final thing and that is the night/day mode on the satnav which gives me a 3 options day, night and automatic .It doesnt matter which option I take when I switch the lights on the satnav goes dark and is barely visible .I feel as though i am missing something

1 hour ago, Donmaico said:

yes I do .Thanks for that and useful to know,.I only recently bought the car so its a bit of  learning curve :) . RE satnav I do have another question and that is regrading updates .Apparently i would have to use a a USB stick  laid the details onto it then feed that inept toyota's online tool kit( app) which I would have to download to  my computer .Trouble is I have an iMac which does not recognise the app so I wondered if there was some other way I could do the updates .Given the increasing popularity of Apple computers it seems a bit remiss to me, on the part of  Toyota .

Mac user here also. I'm not sure the toolkit is designed for Mac. I did download it but it's for MS only I think.

Updates are available from My Toyota, or the EU link here  http://www.toyota-tech.eu/TLLogin.aspx?redirecturl=aHR0cDovL3d3dy50b3lvdGEtdGVjaC5ldS9OYXZpZ2F0aW9uL0Jhc2U=     under Owner/Payable access/map updates.

Auris user, fairly new.  I am on T&G 2 plus, and 4.4.1 before the upgrade. Despite many attempts, and input from My Toyota, fresh USB stick, FAT 32 formatted, no success with the transfer of data to update to 6.7.0WH via Mac.  Used Apple Boot Camp to run Windows 10 in final attempt short of dealer request.   Downloaded the large file supplied by Toyota CS, onto a freshly formatted USB stick, processed all through Windows. Inserted into Auris. Success!

With a few hiccups, the process took about 50 minutes. Engine had to be kept running. No idea why. Perhaps that's why dealers plead (probably bogus) bandwidth issues?

Have flagged up the Mac omission and received an acknowledgement from CS. However, whether the techs take any action is another matter, so it looks like either borrowing a Windows PC/laptop, or using Boot Camp, for Mac users. Or use a dealer with the know-how.

Good luck.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cobh18 said:

With a few hiccups, the process took about 50 minutes. Engine had to be kept running. No idea why.

because otherwise the head unit will shut down automatically after a period (20 or 30 minutes iirc) . Shutting down mid-update = borked unit ....

Donmaico, which head unit does your car have (it's probably Touch or Touch 2 but the update procedure is different afaik)?

p.s. Apple currently has a market share of 7.4% of global shipments but in terms of an install base it will be lower than that.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Heidfirst said:

because otherwise the head unit will shut down automatically after a period (20 or 30 minutes iirc) . Shutting down mid-update = borked unit ....

Donmaico, which head unit does your car have (it's probably Touch or Touch 2 but the update procedure is different afaik)?

p.s. Apple currently has a market share of 7.4% of global shipments but in terms of an install base it will be lower than that.

i assume it must be Touch as the manual  is called "touch screen" Owners manual. Mind you it doesnt correspond fully with the car because according to it there should be a "speech command system" but there is none that I can see.Applications only offers "online search ,pictures and fuel prices" and not calendar or emails. so there are some discrepancies between car and manual

11 hours ago, cobh18 said:

Mac user here also. I'm not sure the toolkit is designed for Mac. I did download it but it's for MS only I think.

Updates are available from My Toyota, or the EU link here  http://www.toyota-tech.eu/TLLogin.aspx?redirecturl=aHR0cDovL3d3dy50b3lvdGEtdGVjaC5ldS9OYXZpZ2F0aW9uL0Jhc2U=     under Owner/Payable access/map updates.

Auris user, fairly new.  I am on T&G 2 plus, and 4.4.1 before the upgrade. Despite many attempts, and input from My Toyota, fresh USB stick, FAT 32 formatted, no success with the transfer of data to update to 6.7.0WH via Mac.  Used Apple Boot Camp to run Windows 10 in final attempt short of dealer request.   Downloaded the large file supplied by Toyota CS, onto a freshly formatted USB stick, processed all through Windows. Inserted into Auris. Success!

With a few hiccups, the process took about 50 minutes. Engine had to be kept running. No idea why. Perhaps that's why dealers plead (probably bogus) bandwidth issues?

Have flagged up the Mac omission and received an acknowledgement from CS. However, whether the techs take any action is another matter, so it looks like either borrowing a Windows PC/laptop, or using Boot Camp, for Mac users. Or use a dealer with the know-how.

Good luck.

unfortunately Owner/Payable access /mapupdates does not appear to be accessible at least I cant click on  the Payable access.Odd because all the other options apart from free access, are accessible

6 hours ago, Donmaico said:

i assume it must be Touch as the manual  is called "touch screen" Owners manual. Mind you it doesnt correspond fully with the car because according to it there should be a "speech command system" but there is none that I can see.Applications only offers "online search ,pictures and fuel prices" and not calendar or emails. so there are some discrepancies between car and manual

What year is the car? You will only actually get voice command on the Plus versions although the button iirc is installed on all cars.

6 hours ago, Donmaico said:

unfortunately Owner/Payable access /mapupdates does not appear to be accessible at least I cant click on  the Payable access.Odd because all the other options apart from free access, are accessible

have you created an account & signed in? Maybe it is that Apple thing again ... :tongue:

3 hours ago, Heidfirst said:

What year is the car? You will only actually get voice command on the Plus versions although the button iirc is installed on all cars.

have you created an account & signed in? Maybe it is that Apple thing again ... :tongue:

yes of course.Thats how i know the app doesnt work with Apple .Its an Icon 2014 Yaris hybrid

Iirc  it is a different sign in for Toyota-tech.eu & for the Toyota toolbox/MyToyota etc..

2014 was the changeover year from Touch to Touch 2 so from the minimal details given so far it could be either - what month was it manufactured or registered?

28 minutes ago, Heidfirst said:

Iirc  it is a different sign in for Toyota-tech.eu & for the Toyota toolbox/MyToyota etc..

2014 was the changeover year from Touch to Touch 2 so from the minimal details given so far it could be either - what month was it manufactured or registered?

I registered using different details and got pictures of five different satnavs .Looking at them the ones that most closely resemble mine are Toyota Touch and Go and Toyota Touch and Go plus.Its got two knobs one for tuning the other off/on volume.

The Reg is a 14  rather than 64 so I assume its the earlier model;

An odd thing about this site is that whilst it allowed me to open the power/payable access options using two different registration/login details , it subsequently refused to do so.Maybe its because its European and not UK

http://www.toyota-tech.eu/TLLogin.aspx?redirecturl=aHR0cDovL3d3dy50b3lvdGEtdGVjaC5ldS9OYXZpZ2F0aW9uL0Jhc2U=

sorted the day/night mode by turning the lights on, then press SETUP then display and finally Day Mode .For whatever reason the option does not work in Satnav

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links