Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help please - pics required

steve_lj

I have a 2005 2.0d4d XT3.

Today I had windscreen replaced by Autoglass. I only used the car later in the afternoon and noticed that the fitter had hacked away at the plastic trim on the inside, either side of the windscreen. Its the trim on the posts either side of screen that cover airbags. Its a real mess, so I called to complain. They are going to send someone to inspect it, so I was hoping a forum member with same car would be kind enough to take a few pics of there own car so I can show how its supposed to look. I would have thought that this trim could have been removed and then re-fitted rather than cut away. Im after a picture of both driver and passenger side where this trim meets the glass if possible. And if not too much trouble pictures from outside that show the trim.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

Cheers, Steve

Hi Steve, I don't have the same model, but maybe the answer would be to get the 'wally' who done the job back and ask him to explain the damaged trim, it is obviously damaged and not as before, shame😔

Thanks - I had already spoken to them to complain and they were coming back out today. I just wanted to arm myself with some pics of how they were supposed to look incase they were denying any problem. As it happens the chap that came out was in agreement that it was a poor job. There was also some damage to the vin plate and it was mis-aligned.They are ordering the parts and then coming back to remove screen and refit another. Hope they do a better job than the first attempt !!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links