Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

done up like a kipper

ocukacme

There is a thread over on ocuk forums.  That has a lot of info about a possible scam involving a celica GT.   The thread needs some time to read its quite long.

Starts off with a different car, but part way though the OP buys a Celica GT from a trader who is known on this forum apparently from Birmingham.  And he seems to have been ripped off somewhat.

Mod edit - link removed

• 2 weeks later...

You weren't joking about it being a long thread!

Interesting read none the less. I'm not surprised it needed a significant amount of work though. A GT sold so cheap should have been a big enough red flag that it was in need of some fairly major work.

'ocukacme' here, the car is coming along OK now, side-skirt re-fitted, replacement door here waiting to go on, new headlight, replaced the radiator and condenser, have a new water pump, aux belt, thermostat, rear brakes, and a couple of other bits to go on, then it should be OK.

I managed to get the seller to send me a few bits to help rectify some of the problems, which was made more difficult thanks to the idiot who created this thread and alerted the seller about my thread in which I was slating him constantly. 

ACME! As a fellow computer enthusiast who read your car shenanigans thread, I feel privileged that you've posted here! Nice to meet / speak to you!

I'm really happy for you that the car is coming along great. At the end of the day, all that matters is if you like it. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks or says. By the time you're finished you'll love it to bits. (But we all know that project cars are never finished :biggrin:)
I can relate entirely to your situation as I also bought my car with problems that many would turn there nose up at. I've gone on to spend a fortune fixing things on it that to most people wouldn't make sense. I'm very much the same with regards to enjoying splashing money into my car in the quest to do it up. It's a pass time and project that I enjoy.

My unhealthy habit is pro-actively replacing perfectly good parts for new / refurbished parts.
Just this week alone I bought two second hand air conditioning compressors! Despite the one on my car works fine, I wanted to replace it. just because! Then after buying two second hand ones, I decided I wanted a new one and it has to be OEM of course. So i forked out another £500 for a brand new Denso compressor. Nuts, yep but that's me.

I also like to have backups. lol, I bought new center caps, but then thought about what if I loose one or one gets stolen. I need to have replacements on standby. But once I use one of my replacements I wont have a full spare set, so I buy a third set. I'm terrible lol.

Bought two sets of HID's got 35watts first, didn't like them so bought 55watt ones but hey! at least I've got backups now.

Now I've decided I need to replace the entire car, so I'm going to buy another celica and start all over again, then I'll have two... You know... in case I need a backup :tongue:

So my hat goes off to you for doing something that you enjoy and makes you happy. It really doesn't matter what anyone thinks or says.

Keep up the great work!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links