Do Not Sell My Personal Information

TTE Backbox for Corolla T Sport

JRCorolla2

Hi All,

Ive been looking about at alternatives for a corolla t sport back box, it seems that the general consensus is that people make thier own customs, however i do not want to take my cat out and have a ridicuously loud sound that no doubt people will complain about!

Basically im after a TTE exhaust, just need to know a few things;

- how much do they usually go for?

- do they have a silencer fitted or dont emit a large amount of sound on idling?

-is a remus back box (the only durect fit i can find) anything in comparison to the TTE?

thanks, John.

Having one custom made doesn't necessarily mean removing the cat, you can have just a back box or a cat-back as I have on my T- sport. I have a 2 box system, mandrel bent 2.25 pipework and it sounds just right.

As far as I know the Remus is exactly the same as the TTE one-they manufactured them for TTE.

12 hours ago, SanaYusuf said:

Having one custom made doesn't necessarily mean removing the cat, you can have just a back box or a cat-back as I have on my T- sport. I have a 2 box system, mandrel bent 2.25 pipework and it sounds just right.

As far as I know the Remus is exactly the same as the TTE one-they manufactured them for TTE.

See i want a 4" outlet, as i thin they look stunning on corollas haha! just dont know about the sound as the silencers are in the back box' themselves?!

do you have a build thread or anything?

If you wanna keep the sound level down then you need to keep a resonator box in the exhaust, easy if you just wanna change the back box as the standard exhaust already has one. 

Basically if you just change the back box the sound will be more subdued compared to changing the rest of the system.

No build thread, should start one really,have loads of pics. 

3 minutes ago, SanaYusuf said:

If you wanna keep the sound level down then you need to keep a resonator box in the exhaust, easy if you just wanna change the back box as the standard exhaust already has one. 

Basically if you just change the back box the sound will be more subdued compared to changing the rest of the system.

No build thread, should start one really,have loads of pics. 

Ahh i see, nahh, not going to take anything out from the back box backwards, just want to weld a new box onto the existing one if i cant get my hands on a TTE by the end of next month!, yeah i have a few, probably start one when ive began modding suspension and wheels and exhaust etc.. yeah would be great to see one, especially of a PFL t sport :biggrin:

Will try get some pics up, just need to work out how to from an iPhone lol.

Pic when exhaust was being installed.

image.jpeg

Combined with this the rolls sounds awesome.😎

image.jpeg

Ooh what filter is that? ive heard K&N make nearly no difference with the rollas and mainly all other cars lol...

Apexi power intake......deffinately sounds and feels different!!!

43 minutes ago, SanaYusuf said:

Apexi power intake......deffinately sounds and feels different!!!

Thanks.. may have to spend some bucks on one :wink:

8 minutes ago, SanaYusuf said:

http://www.dcperformance.co.uk/cheap/853315/toyota/fox-exhaust-backboxes/to012001-070.html

Look what I found, not TTE but to Remus and looks like TTE. 

Ooh... I've almost settled on making my own but this is a find! May consider this.. If not it's a 50 quid jobby from eBay and get the welders at work to knock me some pipe up and put it together for me...