Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2008 1.8vvti high idle

-Viktor-

Hi all,

first post so be gentle :) I have just got a 08 1.8 vvti Corolla Verso and have a couple of questions about her. I see there is a verso sub forum but my Qs are more general I thought I would get a ask in here.

Idle:

At startup when stone cold (ambient is 15'c) the idle gets upto 2000, maybe 2100. After the blue light has gone out is settles back to about 1500 and once fully warmed 10+ miles later it sits at 1000-1100 but it can sometimes hunt upto 1500 once or twice before settling at 1000 or so.

Any suggestions?

I had a similar issue on a old C20XE and it was a gummy idle air control valve. Does this engine have an IVAC somewhere? Any tips on removal and cleaning? 

What are the MAFs like on these engines? can they be cleaned? or is it replace only? are 3rd party parts OK or best avoided?

Thanks in advance for your help

Vik

That is absolutely normal. The Corolla will idle higher, to the values you've stated, when the ambient temperature is colder.

but I didn't think 15' was that cold.. quite warm for a morning..

but OK, if that's normal.

thank you

I wondered the same as I had the exact same 'symptoms' as you, took it to a dealer and a indy mechanic, both reported that it's completely normal for these cars.

I would keep an eye on it, and see if does occur throughout summer - or at least during any 'warmer' days we see - if it does it consistently then it may be worth looking at the idle air control valve, but if it only does it on cooler days then that to me doesn't suggest an ivac issue.

Had a problem with my corolla she is 06 though and it was the trottle body position sensor that was the problem. Changed it now itz perfect

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links