Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

another newbie

littleweed58

Hello and thank you for inviting me to use your forum, which is now also my forum!

I recently brought a 2001 1.0 litre toyota yaris with a few little? things wrong with it.

1) the washers aren't working,( front and back screen washers) the motors fine , well I can hear it wizz over. the water in the bottle is a bit smelling like bad egg  and I think that may be blocked , I wanted to drain the bottle and my question is ...how? Or do I cyphon out the water? If its not that thats blocked  what should I check next?

2) passenger side window is not working driver side is OK  , I've tried it with the  window controller switch up and down but  only the car driver side is working, I can see that some

one has recently done some work inside the driver side door, because they haven't put it back correctly ...could the problem be in side here?

Could try flushing the washer bottle out with a hose.

As regards the passenger window, there is usually a button on the drivers side with a graphic that looks like a side window with a cross through. This isolates the passenger window when depressed and prevents it operating - useful when  children are in the car. Have you checked whether this button is depressed?

Hello Frosty

I tried the button on the drivers side with the side window crossed out, and not a thing, but my drivers side window is  working fine! At a loss, so I looked for the fuse box and it looks a bit empty! and from what I can see two square .fuses that are broken for definate but I cant figure out whats what in the  fuse box, i know theres a i.d for the fuses on the inside of the fuse box but im a bit miffed as eletric is not my forte; Anyone know where I can get a readeble diagram of the yaris 2001 fuse box?

Also the washers, I cyphoned out the smelly egg water and poured hand hot water into thye bottle, an hour later still not working , this morning, not working. 

I have been twisting the stalk at the end, I thought this was the washers because i get a motor noise at least even if its not doing anything. 

When I  pull the stalk  I hear nothing no motor buzzing, nothing.

So 1)  where can I get a really good diagram of my fuse box, or would it help if I took a photo of it and posted online? 

2)    should I twist or pul the right hand stalk?   still need more help with my washers, wipers working fine.

Help!!

shelagh  

Hi, Welcome to the club...  Enjoy :driving:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links