Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris 1.2 Turbo excel

chrismorrow

Just ordered a brand new auris 1.2 turbo, to replace my 2014 auris 1.8 hybrid, does anyone know what the auris 1.2 excel is like? And what economy I will get in the real world? Test drove one today and was impressed with how quick the engine responds.

Is the car fitted with CVT since our old car is a Hybrid? 

I've done nearly 2000 miles in my car by now, and economy is'nt as good as promised.  But it's still getting better...  My best mileage by now is 48 mpg or 17 kilometer per liter. 

But I do enjoy the smoothness of the engine and that it's very quiet. 

28 minutes ago, nielshm said:

I've done nearly 2000 miles in my car by now, and economy is'nt as good as promised.  But it's still getting better...  My best mileage by now is 48 mpg or 17 kilometer per liter. 

Economy won't be as good as the official EU fuel consumption, as these figures are a result of laboratory testing, not real world consumption.

The car is a manual 6 speed, I love the hybrid I have at the min, but just fancied a change to something a bit more involving to drive. I pick it up on the 30th. I know for the first couple of thousand miles the economy won't be anything worth bragging about, however, I hope that after about 5000miles, I should see 40mpg +

40 mpg. is no problem at all. Not even when it's brand new.

Ahh that's good then. I was thinking with it being a turbocharged engine I might run this on premium fuel and see if that makes any difference to economy. 

Do you maen Shell V-Power and others? I don't think they're worth the extra money. Here in Danmark, the additional price is 10%. Fuel economy won't be affected in the same way. 

Yes, however what I have used on the Auris Hybrid before is the Tesco momentum 99 octane, which works out about £2.00 more per full tank. The engine does run smoother however I have not noticed a major difference in economy. But now i am changing to the new 1.2 turbo I did read somewhere that a turbocharged engine will benefit from a higher octane level. I love the hybrid technology it is brilliant, however being young i missed the involvement you get with a manual and a turbo engine. I did test drive the 1.6 diesel engine also, and it is quite noisy and not very refined so that was out of the equation. Does anyone know if you still have to run these cars in at all before you go on long distance or you take the engine up to the limiter, or can you just jump in and drive how you like?

One thing about the 1.2T that irritates me: The amount of totally black soot in the exhaust. It's just to much to soon, I've been wiping it clean to check when is comes back. Something like 500 miles, and it's totally black all over. 

My wife has a Yaris 1.0 with 3000 miles, and it's not half as dirty and black (without cleaning) as mine is after 500 miles. 

If there are any running in requirements, they're covered in the owners manual.

No problem, I will check the manual when I get the car. Also, the black sut, surley a good motorway blast would get rid of that? 

I want to check with the dealer. The cars has done more than 2.000 miles by now, at least they can check if any software update is availiable.

There's not much in the manual about running in. Just keep the revs below 4000 rpm. the first 900 miles. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links