Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T-sport Pull Away

T BALL

with the rwyb at santa pod next week i wanna run my t-sport against my mates aw11 mr2, i dont expect to win obviously. i have never done a 1/4 before so i was wondering what people think is the best way off the line in the yaris t-sport?

The faster...the better!

Get some practice in, what you want is around 3000 revs, then very well controlled clutch/throttle work. You want to pull away with no wheel spin.

Vipes

Also try not to over rev the engine. Try to change gear just as you are going into the red band as well so that you are still on the power band :thumbsup:

jerry!!

you'll be suprised how fast the aw111 isn't actually... it depends how well looked after it's been over the 20 years it's been around, but with a good start you'll probably even beat it!

just have a few practices at how fast you can get away - all in the clutch control :)

good luck, keep us informed

Maybe its a bit strange but if you give it a service, change oil etc before the event I am sure it will perform better.

After my first service the throttle was definately more responsive!

Watch ya tire pressures too...since it's only 1/4 mile...may be worth dropping down say 2psi.

Don't forget to engage the overtaking button ( located on your stereo volume control..will give you an extra 5bhp....but don't over use it though :-) )

the aw11 might aswell of rolled out of the showroom yesterday, its one owner from new , his grandad!!!! its done 23,000 miles,not a mark on it interior or exterior, best example ive evr seen. its done less miles than my yaris! any other t sports going on the saturday?

Sorry....couldn't resist!...one born everyday so they say.

I'll take the acclaim as the mastermind who thought of the button-5bhp-hoax thankyou :D

is a cracking hoax, I bet 17 year old yaris owners everywhere were trying it :lol:

Apparently the AW11 kicks the T Sports AS$ off the start line, because it being rear engined (over the driving wheels) say leave at 5k rpm if you clutch it right, try that in a yaris and watch the tyre smoke pour up to your window :lol: . Whats this with don't be surprised if the yaris wins?

Aye.....so true...that's one bad thing about the Yaris....it's a tad light over the drive wheels...it is hard to get the power down, from standstill....but it can be done...as said...just requires a bit of practice..and nifty foot work....also..it's worth not lingering in first too long....it's a tad short on range..and second has loads of pull.

Vipes.

Ive found with my new tyres i dont spin in first or second anymore :thumbsup:

4K is where the most torque is at so along as your tyres can put this down then thats where you wanna be :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links