Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine under tray - Auris 1.33 TR 2011

Baxter01

Can anyone tell me if the 2011 1.33 TR petrol should have a engine undertray.  The hybrids seem to have them but the few 2011 petrol cars i have seen, and the one i bought, dont have one.

I have rejected an auris from a toyota dealership and am exchanging it tomorrow for another, so want to know if i should tell them to replace the undertray if there should be one on this model.

appreciate any help.

thanks

I'll be interested to know the answer to this question. My car doesn't have an undertray fitted either, no signs of one ever having been fitted yet, as you say, the hybrids all seem to have them.

On Mk1 Auris 1.33 the undertray was fitted upto Jan 2010 it was deleted after this.

• Like 1

if its basically the same engine why would they remove it from the face lift model, is it really not that important for protection?

can you explain what MK1 means?  seen this used a lot when referring to car models and years etc, but never understood it.

would the facelift then be MK2?

1st generation Auris (i.e. Mk1) is 2006 -2012

2nd generation is 2012 - current

Mk1 and mk2 just mean the mark 1 the 1st generation of that model. I would have thought that all should have come with an undertray, saying that my old mk1 2.0 diesel, had one, but it was forever falling down and scraping on the road 

The first generation Auris (or Mk1) was in production up to Sept 2012, and received its mid-life facelift in January 2010 - which corresponds to the date that Devon Aygo gave for when the undertray was dropped.  The second generation (or Mk2) has been in production from October 2012 (on sale from December 2012), and received its mid-life facelift in July 2015.

I have -11 1.4 diesel, and it didn't have the undertray either. Bought one online for ~50€ and fitted it. It was for 2.0 diesel so the service holes aren't on the right spots, but you can remove it when changing oil etc.

On 23/05/2016 at 8:30 PM, Devon Aygo said:

On Mk1 Auris 1.33 the undertray was fitted upto Jan 2010 it was deleted after this.

How typical of Toyota to delete them and then re-instate them for the Mk2 Auris. They're about as consistent as Donald Trump. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links