Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2006 d4d engine identification

Martyt3x

Hi!

inhave just purchased a 56 plate 2.0d4d t3x and really happy with it. I need to identify what engine I have as I was going to buy a bluespark tuning box which was listed with a 6 pin fuel rail pressure sensor connection but when I checked mine it has a 3 pin connector, was there a vareation in engines fitted around that year 116hp or 125hp? Mine is the full face lift.  Cheers!

There are two 2.0 engines possibly in your 56 plate Avensis

1. Earlier 1CD-FTV bhp Timing belt engine:

28701683_8.jpg

2. Later 1AD-FTV bhp Timing chain engine

toyota-avensis-rav-4-2.0-engine-d4d-1ad-

That's great mine is the later 1AD-FTV then. So any idea why it has a 3 pin plug on the fuel rail pressure sensor instead of the 6 pin? 

I would suggest the issue lies with the Tuning company misidentifying the correct info for your car, you may want to speak to Partsking through a PM as he sells Tuning kits for most of the Toyota diesel range and is from an official Toyota dealership so is best suited to get the correct part for your car.

3 wire sensor is  pos power from ecu usually 5v,  negative and signal feedback to ecu

There's various different power outputs I've seen 124,125 and 126bhp quite how your meant to tell what you have I don't know, there all timing chain but it seems some have 6 wires going to the common rail sensor and some have 3 wires but can't find an answer as to why and which Horesepower engines have what...

I was going on specs I've seen of cars on autotrader, thinking the timing belt engine is the 114bhp model and the timing chain engine is the 125bhp ? The photos will be a big help when I'm looking at one, the one I've seen is a face lifted model, it's got indicators on the wing mirrors.

124 bhp = 126 ps

125 is a rounded number used by most

ive got 116bhp 2.0  ( but goes like a 130 lol)

rav 4 of same vintage is 114bhp for some reason on same engine. probably because its top mount intercooler is more prone to heatsoak and is tuned for slightly more torque ?? just a guess??

maybey its more accessories causing more drag on drive belt reducing power slightly???

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links