Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Welcome news

cuius

"GROWING HYBRID SALES at Toyota mean it is finally achieving serious economies of scale with hybrid production, according to Karl Schlicht, executive vice president of Toyota Europe. As a result, this should finally start to bring hybrid prices into direct competition with those of diesel-engined rivals." Autocar

Well I am glad to hear it, but the issue they appear to have at the moment is getting the cars to the people. I am having to wait 6 months for a Rav4 Hybrid at the moment, and that is not even a solid date.

5 hours ago, WarrenB said:

... I am having to wait 6 months for a Rav4 Hybrid at the moment, and that is not even a solid date.

Ouch... and I've hated waiting 3½ months for my Prius!  Should have it in 2-3 weeks now (everything crossed!)

With Hyundai and Kia releasing their first hybrids in the next couple of months, they're not exactly helping themselves

17 hours ago, WarrenB said:

Well I am glad to hear it, but the issue they appear to have at the moment is getting the cars to the people. I am having to wait 6 months for a Rav4 Hybrid at the moment, and that is not even a solid date.

I ordered my Prius Excel in March, and was quoted a June delivery date. This later got extended to July.

However, the car is now in the dealer's,  which was as much a surprise to them as it was to me.

My conclusion is that Toyota's left hand still doesn't know what its other left hand is doing. So, yours is as likely to arrive next week as it is to take 9 months!

The delivery of Japanese built cars is totally up in the air at present the recent Earthquakes severely disrupted Toyota's supply chain and for the UK the Rav4 and Prius are the models most affected.

It took Toyota several weeks to fully assess the damage and calculate this into their delivery timescales as a result delivery dates have rolled back on both built and to be built models this is because the factories have only recently come back on stream but due to restricted parts supplies they are far from running at full capacity. Toyota intend to ramp up production as quickly as the supply chain can recover and have stated that they will work with all concerned to increase capacity further with added shifts etc but all of this takes time, The shipping of built units was also held for a while as the docks and even some ships suffered damage

. As far as we are aware all ships have now departed so some delivery times will start to come forwards after they where pushed back.

The Rav4 has additionally been a victim of its own success Toyota communicated this week that the entire MY2016 production run is now allocated, so not only is production delayed but there are no more MY2016 factory orders left. As a result Rav delivery times are long, if you order a model available from the pre ordered stock then you will get a delivery date albeit a long one, if you order a model that is already sold out then your order will be switched to an updated 2017MY details of which will be announced soon as Toyota have no choice but to bring forwards to keep up with the order pace.

10 hours ago, Ancient Nerd said:

I ordered my Prius Excel in March, and was quoted a June delivery date. This later got extended to July.

However, the car is now in the dealer's,  which was as much a surprise to them as it was to me.

My conclusion is that Toyota's left hand still doesn't know what its other left hand is doing. So, yours is as likely to arrive next week as it is to take 9 months!

I suspect you may have benefit from a cancelled order for the delivery to jump forwards so quickly.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links