Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Updating maps query/streaming music

Shadow9

Hi, Toyota UK on Facebook cannot help me so I hope someone here can.  How do I update the maps on my XT5 auto Rav4 sat nav system? Do I buy a new disc and how much are they?

I also asked them about whether it was possible to update the system to be able to stream music from my iPhone but they said it wasn't something that model could do, even though I can use bluetooth for taking phone calls.  Has anyone ever managed to do that or am I doomed to have to take CDs everywhere with me again?

One thing, I love the car but do miss my music!  

The main reason for updating the sat nav was the fact that I cannot enter a full UK postcode into it because they are too long - most annoying!!!  Any advice gratefully received.

That all sounds familiar ... I previously had a 2009 SR180 with what sounds like the same navy unit.

Map updates can be bought from here: http://www.toyota-mapupdates.eu/. Take a deep breath and sit down before reading the next bit ... and IIRC a new map DVD costs around £120 ...

I'm not sure that will give you full postcode navigation - I just got used to entering lat / long in stead which at least is highly accurate.

The unit doesn't have USB input for a media player but it will read and play MP3 CD-ROMs so simply burn a few suitable mix discs. You can fit around 100 tracks on a single CD-ROM which means they'll last a while.

what model of head unit is it? If it is a TNS700/B9010 then yes, an update will give you full UK post code search - it did on my 57 plate Avensis (the DVD included a firmware update as well as updated mapping).

23 minutes ago, philip42h said:

That all sounds familiar ... I previously had a 2009 SR180 with what sounds like the same navy unit.

Map updates can be bought from here: http://www.toyota-mapupdates.eu/. Take a deep breath and sit down before reading the next bit ... and IIRC a new map DVD costs around £120 ...

I'm not sure that will give you full postcode navigation - I just got used to entering lat / long in stead which at least is highly accurate.

The unit doesn't have USB input for a media player but it will read and play MP3 CD-ROMs so simply burn a few suitable mix discs. You can fit around 100 tracks on a single CD-ROM which means they'll last a while.

Hi, I thought they would be expensive.  How do you find out a place's lat/long measurements?

Once upon a time I did record a CD which had about 60 songs on it, but cannot now for the life of me figure out how I did it (I use itunes).  I know it was something involving file format, maybe changing to mp3 from the AAC format but when I try to do that, it doesn't really tell me which of the versions is the MP3 file, it just lists a duplicate there. Trial and error I guess but any suggestions as to how to do it without too much fiddling about would be gratefully received. I don't find itunes very user friendly really.

11 minutes ago, Heidfirst said:

what model of head unit is it? If it is a TNS700/B9010 then yes, an update will give you full UK post code search - it did on my 57 plate Avensis (the DVD included a firmware update as well as updated mapping).

I don't know what model the head unit is, not sure where to look but the map disc has this on it

86271-OW060

86271-60W360

2007-2008 Ver.1

and in big letters, E10

copyright 2007

12 minutes ago, Shadow9 said:

Hi, I thought they would be expensive.  How do you find out a place's lat/long measurements?

Once upon a time I did record a CD which had about 60 songs on it, but cannot now for the life of me figure out how I did it (I use itunes).  I know it was something involving file format, maybe changing to mp3 from the AAC format but when I try to do that, it doesn't really tell me which of the versions is the MP3 file, it just lists a duplicate there. Trial and error I guess but any suggestions as to how to do it without too much fiddling about would be gratefully received. I don't find itunes very user friendly really.

Google Maps will give you lat/long details. Just find your destination and set a 'pin' there.

I can't fully remember how I made CD-ROMs but it was with iTunes and Genius playlists ...

usually on the bottom right of the unit or of course on the manual ;)

If you aren't bothered about having absolutely the latest mapping you may be able to find a s/h 1 or 2 year old disc (Europe West for the UK iirc) on eBay (n.b. there are also counterfeits for sale on there).

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Heidfirst said:

usually on the bottom right of the unit or of course on the manual ;)

If you aren't bothered about having absolutely the latest mapping you may be able to find a s/h 1 or 2 year old disc (Europe West for the UK iirc) on ebay (n.b. there are also counterfeits for sale on there).

Thanks - I have the manual but cannot find the model number anywhere, sounds daft but I can't.  Concentrating on making CDs now.. LOL!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links