Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Brake discs and pads

Mark O

Chaps

2008 T180 passed MoT but with advisories stating both front discs and pads were thin. Ring Mr T who states 188 quid ex VAT for set of pads and 2 discs.

The internet beckoned, and brakeparts/Ebay give a price of approx 70 ex VAT for similar. The discs representing the greatest difference in price 

Questions then.....

is there any justification for the price difference? Are the discs/pads offered by Mr T so superior in performance - for normal use - or is there no tangible difference at all? Brakeparts offer Freemax discs and Ferodo pads. 

Is disc size 295mm for a T180? -  as per vast majority of the rest of the models for the year?

Is the job of changing discs and pads reasonably straightforward? Anything in particular I should watch out for?

Much obliged

Mark

Hi Mark and welcome to the club.I have always thought of the discs as  steel parts and not as important as the pads that you put on. there are solid ones and what are termed as vented ones  From past posts by a brake guru on here he was a believer in Ferodo pads,I myself am a big believer in their products and used then for a few (many) years without any problems As to the discs then it is all a matter of choice but to my mind for normal road driving solid ones are OK but some drivers seem to ride more on their brakes so maybe the vented ones suit them as they should cool down quicker after heavy braking. Look to the top of the RAV4 page and you will see a section "Hints and tips" which will help as there is little difference re what you want to do

Del

just had a full set of Brembo disks and pads alround fitted £300.   will last longer,work and feel so much better.

I second catmeat I've got a full set of Brembo pads and discs and the difference over cheapy discs is massive, I'd say better than OEM too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links