Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

touch2 with go 2016 updates.

Stojom

hi

has anyone out there had any success installing these latest nav updates. i bought the £99 3 yr offer but cant install them.there are 2 to be downloaded estore and 6.7.0l maps rest are via bluetooth which i presume will work when 2 items installed.  have downloaded to c drive unzipped it and dragged and dropped to flash drive icon to copy. is that right. plugged in to car but no response. have tried numerous ways to copy to flash drive root. using windows vista.going dollally only thing i can think of is flash drive knackered. grateful for any advice. thanks

Hi John,

Yes, I also subscribed to the £99 3yr offer ... and struggled!

I eventually succeeded, downloaded 6.7.0L map to PC, unzipped the files then copied all the files to a USB drive (to the root of the drive, not as a folder). This didn't work for me when I first tried using a USB3 drive, but then I found an old USB2 drive, reformatted it (FAT32) and copied across the files. When I inserted this into the Verso USB slot it recognised the files and uploaded them automatically (for some reason it asked me to keep engine running - can't think why as the process took getting on for an hour as I recall).

Other new apps were able to then install via bluetooth.

Hope this helps - best wishes, it's worth it in the end!

5 minutes ago, Fisherofmen said:

(for some reason it asked me to keep engine running - can't think why as the process took getting on for an hour as I recall).

because if you don't the head unit will automatically switch off after 20 or 30 minutes - power interruption mid-upgrade=borked head unit!

• Like 1

Thanks! I'll make sure that I do the same for the next upgrade then!!

Hi Ian,

finally managed to get 6.7.0 installed. Instead of unzipping then drop to usb I unzipped TO usb and it worked! But can't get estore installed though. When unzipped it seems to get another compressed file. My windows vista couldn't unlock it installed 7-zip which did. Tried various ways to put on usb but can't get it to install on car. Have emailed cs see what they say. Disappointed Toyota haven't got better system to get these updates for owners. Eg garages. Very frustrating for older non tech people like me. In fact if you don't bother enrolling with my toyota you wouldn't even know of this offer/update.

OK John - here goes!

I firstly connected and enabled my bluetooth enabled phone to my vehicle (from top “Setup” key).

I then opened the ‘eStore’ app in my Verso by pressing (twice) the ‘Phone’ key (middle key to right of screen). This brought up Toyota Online menu.

Then scroll Toyota Online menu until you see the ‘eStore’ app.

Now select the app to install (Weather, parking, etc) via the ‘eStore’ app menu by clicking on the relevant ‘Install’ button.

This worked for (most!) of the apps to install them – I only was able to download the map & use USB to copy over to my car, everything else was “Over the Air” via Smartphone and bluetooth.

Some apps in the package (eg Cyclops cameras) didn't seem to give me the option of installing this way, I sent a series of emails to Toyota Helpline and ddn't really get very constructive replies, but I understood the response to be that they should install automatically when the other upgrades are completed.

Best of luck!

Thanks ian

only new app which appeared was Twitter. Need to sort out the estore update which will probably give others.think I missing cyclops and net access. Waiting for reply from Toyota plus try new flash drive. Was using 8gb one will try 16gb. As I said Toyota recommended 8gb for maps but didn't work so perhaps got it wrong again. Perhaps not compatible with old system like vista so perhaps try another computer. Also when unzipped estore got another compressed file called .jar but Toyota mention nowt about that in instructions. 

But do like new layout of screen for radio, menu etc and appears to operate faster.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links