Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

problem

james w

just got a new alternator fitted to and the Battery light still on the dash but only just has anyone got clue what going on 

Hi - was the dash light on before swapping the alternator? Have you checked the output of the alternator? With the car running there should be a voltage of around 14.5v across the Battery terminals. Have you checked the engine compartment fuse box? Fuse 8 is the alternator/charging system on the T25. When you swapped the alternator did you disconnect the Battery before starting? If not you may have blown the fuse. Is the ground strap on the new alternator tightened up? 

Hopefully one of these will sort it. Good luck. 

thanks for your help as for the Battery light it came on when the old alternator started to smell . it was not me that changed the part over but a garage they told me that it could be  a blown resister . they  told me that the old alternator had some thing in it to prevent this form happening just called toyota garage and they want £116.00 just to have a look

don't take it to a garage or dealer, take it to a proper auto electrical garage like prolek. they will check and advise next steps rather than throw parts at it

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links