Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla T Sport PFL New Owner.

RazzerRazor

15 hours ago, Ant182 said:

It's always good to go over the top on servicing the car as I do the same thing and for changing the plugs not the hardest job but slow and steady is the best way and one at a time.

My thoughts too. Finally had the facias n soffits plus new porch roof done! £800 lighter though. Hence over the top spending on service parts finally.

11 hours ago, SanaYusuf said:

Yeah as Ant said take your time, thread them in by hand and don't over tighten.

Need to do my gearbox oil aswell, let us now how that goes.

Are those TRD plugs just rebranded Denso?

Will do mate. Read afew things about using toyotas own gearbox oil is best! 

Thought I'd try this comma stuff. Worked ok in my Impreza but they're like chaulk and cheese cars. 

The Plugs better not be ha ha. These are grade 7.... for lightly tuned engines (fensport) say. Better spark blah blah. Bet it's no difference after this. Just waiting on my mate to give me a date to fit it in. He's having the car for week cos of the work needed. 

New lift Bolts, Rocker cover gasket, auxiliary belt, oil filter, gearbox oil, oil sump gasket, starter motor. Think that's it🤔

1 hour ago, JDM20VAE101 said:

Very nice mods step by step, that help other folks to do that way! thanks for your contribution!

Clean Ride man! Keep it up!

Thank you.....but not a patch on yours! That's a thread and a half 👍👍👍

• Like 1

You are welcome mate! Thanks for your words!  I'll be subscribed here for more updates!

On 29/05/2016 at 1:40 AM, RazzerRazor said:

20160528_172742.jpg

Razzer, What did you do regarding the mileage matching with the different instrument cluster? My speedometer needle has gone bad the needle has dropped to the bottom of the gauge, i reckon the needle rest has broken or something as theirs something rattling inside :sad: it still moves but its -10mph out now, tried opening it up to fix it myself but the back panel is held together good. I'll have to get a used one but don't know what to do about the mileage matching unless I can find one with close miles as mine, better off finding hens teeth!

1 hour ago, Aamir2892 said:

Razzer, What did you do regrading the mileage matching with the different instrument cluster? My speedometer needle has gone bad the needle has dropped to the bottom of the gauge, i reckon the needle rest has broken or something as theirs something rattling inside :sad: it still moves but its -10mph out now, tried opening it up to fix it myself but the back panel is held together good. I'll have to get a used one but don't know what to do about the mileage matching unless I can find one with close miles as mine, better off finding hens teeth!

There's a company in Trafford park that do tuning and some electrics. Part of there trade is speedo clocks old and new! They did my Impreza when I swapped my 02 clocks for hawk eye 06. Think this time it was £40 because I went to them and waited. Only about 20-30mins. You can post them and they'll send them you back same way if it's to far to drive. 

I have a another set of these coming hopefully Friday (white speedo clocks) as I've bought the black centre console from a face lift and they came as part of the deal. I was thinking of trying to open them and soldering in some blue LEDs for a change. (Never tried it) but if your stuck let me know. Will work a price out! Guy said they have about 72K on the clock. 

22 hours ago, JDM20VAE101 said:

You are welcome mate! Thanks for your words!  I'll be subscribed here for more updates!

Back at you buddy 👍👍👍👍👍👍

• Like 1

Soldering some leds? hummm... Sounds interesting!

9 minutes ago, JDM20VAE101 said:

Soldering some leds? hummm... Sounds interesting!

Think it can be done. Just harder taking the clocks apart to get to the circuit boards and bulbs. Warm them up, take em off, quick suction off the old solder and fit the new ones. (Having the bottle to do it) 😱😱

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RazzerRazor said:

Think it can be done. Just harder taking the clocks apart to get to the circuit boards and bulbs. Warm them up, take em off, quick suction off the old solder and fit the new ones. (Having the bottle to do it) 😱😱

Sounds like you already have done that! hehe

17 hours ago, RazzerRazor said:

There's a company in Trafford park that do tuning and some electrics. Part of there trade is speedo clocks old and new! They did my Impreza when I swapped my 02 clocks for hawk eye 06. Think this time it was £40 because I went to them and waited. Only about 20-30mins. You can post them and they'll send them you back same way if it's to far to drive. 

I have a another set of these coming hopefully Friday (white speedo clocks) as I've bought the black centre console from a face lift and they came as part of the deal. I was thinking of trying to open them and soldering in some blue LEDs for a change. (Never tried it) but if your stuck let me know. Will work a price out! Guy said they have about 72K on the clock. 

My compressor's got 58K on it. Gonna see Sam from SJ Autosport and see if he has some near to my mileage. Luckily he is here in Birmingham so I just pop in and buy some bits that I need! :biggrin:

That's handy. Bit like me in Bury! Anything I need I always check with them first. 

Good luck mate 

16 hours ago, JDM20VAE101 said:

Sounds like you already have done that! hehe

Just a guess really 😂😂

Collected last of my service parts from Toyota today. 

Do these look like lift Bolts. The guy in parts say they're right, but pictures on google suggests otherwise! 

Im not sure now. Got me thinking..unless they have swapped the style of em 

image.jpg

Edited by RazzerRazor
Spelling

There not lift bolts.....lift bolts are only small....and pointy...

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Think I'll be going back to toyota me thinks for a double check. Bobbins!!!!!

5 hours ago, RazzerRazor said:

Think I'll be going back to toyota me thinks for a double check. Bobbins!!!!!

I can get the part number for the lift bolts if you can hang on till this evening, they are deffinately not lift bolts that Toyota have given you.

Thanks Yusuf. I've just gone back to Toyota, explained over these. Another guys checked up and ordered me the right ones this time. Even he said...not a clue what you've been given. Ha. And that's the parts guy! 

Ordered them any how, collection on Tuesday. 

Shown him your photo to be sure

thanks mate 👍👍👍😉

44 minutes ago, RazzerRazor said:

Thanks Yusuf. I've just gone back to Toyota, explained over these. Another guys checked up and ordered me the right ones this time. Even he said...not a clue what you've been given. Ha. And that's the parts guy! 

Ordered them any how, collection on Tuesday. 

Shown him your photo to be sure

thanks mate 👍👍👍😉

I'll post up part number later so you can compare when you pick up.

Not sure why the forum has turned the picture anti clockwise but here is mine i picked up 6 months ago. (old ones in the bag)

Toyota calls them FLANGE BOLTS - 90105-06293 x2

The lady at the service desk also said these are classed as a SERVICE part and NOT special parts, so they know they do require changing.

20161202_172211000_iOS.jpg

2 hours ago, Aamir2892 said:

Not sure why the forum has turned the picture anti clockwise but here is mine i picked up 6 months ago. (old ones in the bag)

Toyota calls them FLANGE BOLTS - 90105-06293 x2

The lady at the service desk also said these are classed as a SERVICE part and NOT special parts, so they know they do require changing.

20161202_172211000_iOS.jpg

Saved me going out to the car👍

Razzer was gonna ask seeing as i need a new instrument cluster, do you know if they open the cluster unit up to program the mileage correction, as in get access to the EPROM chip? There is a warranty sticker on the unit fuel gauge side at the back so you know if or not it has been opened up. Due you also have any details for the company that did yours as mine will need doing if I can't find a cluster unit with near to my mileage. :sad:

Thanks!