Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla T Sport PFL New Owner.

RazzerRazor

34 minutes ago, sohail-94 said:

Exhust sounds beautiful mate. 

Just looking through the thread and these lift bolts caught my eye. 

What are they used for? 🤔 And what do you achieve by changing them lol bit of a noob question 

They are specific to the 2zz-ge engine which is found in Corolla T sports and Celica 190s.

They are part of the vvtli system which switches to a more aggressive cam lobe enabling "Lift".

The old design lift flanges would wear and potentially snap causing loss of lift, hence swapping them out for a revised design.

On 30/01/2017 at 11:58 PM, SanaYusuf said:

They are specific to the 2zz-ge engine which is found in Corolla T sports and Celica 190s.

They are part of the vvtli system which switches to a more aggressive cam lobe enabling "Lift".

The old design lift flanges would wear and potentially snap causing loss of lift, hence swapping them out for a revised design.

What Yusuf said 👍 Ha ha 

miles better than my explanation mate 

On 30/01/2017 at 11:55 PM, Aamir2892 said:

I don't know fully how the lift system works, but the bolts are crucial as they hold the oil flow pipe related to the lift rocker or somewhat. Every time you use lift it pushes against these bolts. Overtime they become worn due to the pressure put against the bolt, if not changed they can snap in two and you will lose lift, have a nightmare trying to remove the broken piece and run risk of the oil flow pipe rotating which will put everything out of "Sync" and that will need rotating back to its proper position. Some people have even had to remove the entire intake or exhaust camshaft just to sort of the problem!!! TBH the bolts rarely brake now compared to the old bolts in 2002 on the early Celicas, they were redesigned for better strength. My Compressor has 58K and the bolts were never changed and they weren't that bad when I replaced them, They are only about £1 each at Mr T. Try looking at the guide on how Lift works on this forum for a better understanding. :thumbsup: 

On 30/01/2017 at 11:58 PM, SanaYusuf said:

Sounds good makes more sense now lol 

!Removed! too cold to do anything these days need to add a reverse camera. 

What do you think of puddle lights wire to the dome so when door opens they light up? Or little lights into the door handles so they light up when car is unlocked? 

On 02/02/2017 at 8:35 AM, sohail-94 said:

Sounds good makes more sense now lol 

!Removed! too cold to do anything these days need to add a reverse camera. 

What do you think of puddle lights wire to the dome so when door opens they light up? Or little lights into the door handles so they light up when car is unlocked? 

I thought about both lights buddy. Puddle lights put me off cos I didn't want to drill holes in my wing mirrors, as the water n rain drips down. Just me being paranoid ha. With the exterior handles I didn't think it was the right angle to put a light in! Thought you'd be able to see it even if it wasn't on. (Again just my thoughts) would love to be wrong if someone did it themselves. I'd do it then ha ha 

I'm thinking about putting some above the interior handles and wiring them up to the window switches. My Dome light doesn't work on the door position, got an intergration relay to fit to see if it works be scared incase it causes problem swapping it! 

13 minutes ago, RazzerRazor said:

I thought about both lights buddy. Puddle lights put me off cos I didn't want to drill holes in my wing mirrors, as the water n rain drips down. Just me being paranoid ha. With the exterior handles I didn't think it was the right angle to put a light in! Thought you'd be able to see it even if it wasn't on. (Again just my thoughts) would love to be wrong if someone did it themselves. I'd do it then ha ha 

I'm thinking about putting some above the interior handles and wiring them up to the window switches. My Dome light doesn't on the door position, got an intergration relay to fit to see if it works be scared incase it causes problem swapping it! 

Yeah i was thinking of puddle lights in the door car rather than the mirror and also fitting my reverse camera in Saturday and going to drop some Leds down both back lights into the fog panel so they light up

looks very good i think see below someone has done it

10 hours ago, sohail-94 said:

Yeah i was thinking of puddle lights in the door car rather than the mirror and also fitting my reverse camera in Saturday and going to drop some Leds down both back lights into the fog panel so they light up

looks very good i think see below someone has done it

All sounds good mate. There's a set of JDM rear light clusters on eBay for £189! 

2 minutes ago, RazzerRazor said:

All sounds good mate. There's a set of JDM rear light clusters on eBay for £189! 

£189 way out of my league lol

My thoughts too pal. Even the £89 ha. No the £9 is 

On 03/02/2017 at 8:57 AM, RazzerRazor said:

My thoughts too pal. Even the £89 ha. No the £9 is 

Got my reverse camera in :D and ive dropped LEDS down the fogs to add the extra red light on the back

only thing is my rear demister connection dropped off the window any ideas how to stick it back on? ive ordered conductive glue so see if that works

thanks

IMG_2470.JPG

IMG_2471.JPG

IMG_2472.JPG

IMG_2475.JPG

It looks like to me it is either soldered or some sort of tack welded into place on the heater wire track circuit. Could try the glue or if your handy with a solder somehow re soldering it may be better.

Top work buddy on the lights. They look really good! 

Could always try hot glue gun on the window. Doubtful really. But it always peels off if not

56 minutes ago, Aamir2892 said:

It looks like to me it is either soldered or some sort of tack welded into place on the heater wire track circuit. Could try the glue or if your handy with a solder somehow re soldering it may be better.

Yeah will wait on the glue and see how it holds

will probably sand it then stick it down if not will have to try solder

thanks

28 minutes ago, RazzerRazor said:

Top work buddy on the lights. They look really good! 

Could always try hot glue gun on the window. Doubtful really. But it always peels off if not

Yeahh will try the conductor glue as ordered it off eBay

the lights im really pleased with them in the night are much more appealing 

took me 30mins to Install and less than a fiver the led strips were on Ebay 

IMG_2477.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

46 minutes ago, RazzerRazor said:

Did the glue work mate? 

It did work but not alone mate. 

Was took weak alone so added superglue to it too

now its stuck up and works too so all good

tried soldering it too but it just wasn't sticking to the window

Oh, car passed MOT yesterday at my mates garage. It was two weeks over due😱 Thought it was end of the month. He said...don't know why I'm checking it. 

I've changed the brakes, suspension, exhaust, and service it. In that time you've only done 200 mile ha ha. 

All done with no advisories too.

Radio and Underseat Sub fitted proper yesterday too. All working as it should now. Little messing to do with the vents fitting straight now the double dins in. Was always not 100% fitting on the left side with the original radio but I'll sort it. Main thing is all the wiring is done. Sounds amazing if I say so myself! 

Still loads to do though 

5 minutes ago, sohail-94 said:

It did work but not alone mate. 

Was took weak alone so added superglue to it too

now its stuck up and works too so all good

tried soldering it too but it just wasn't sticking to the window

Great mate. Defo cheaper than a new window! Makes you feel good doing it yourself too😉👍

23 minutes ago, RazzerRazor said:

Great mate. Defo cheaper than a new window! Makes you feel good doing it yourself too😉👍

25 minutes ago, RazzerRazor said:

Oh, car passed MOT yesterday at my mates garage. It was two weeks over due😱 Thought it was end of the month. He said...don't know why I'm checking it. 

I've changed the brakes, suspension, exhaust, and service it. In that time you've only done 200 mile ha ha. 

All done with no advisories too.

Radio and Underseat Sub fitted proper yesterday too. All working as it should now. Little messing to do with the vents fitting straight now the double dins in. Was always not 100% fitting on the left side with the original radio but I'll sort it. Main thing is all the wiring is done. Sounds amazing if I say so myself! 

Still loads to do though 

Haha definitely does because i can finally put my boot back together now

My next mission now is i want to add lights under the wing mirrors which light up when i unlock/open the doors

then im looking to get a custom subwoofer box fitted 

I bet mate. Cold without a boot😀😀 you've got to post pictures up of the puddle lights when they're fitted. Look forward to that! 

I'd 100% defo recommend this Kenwood underseat sub. It really is an ace bit of kit! And you can control how much bass you want via the remote control👍 I'll post a video up when I get chance of how it sounds

Your build is going great guns top work and I really like the lights 👍

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/02/2017 at 11:01 PM, RazzerRazor said:

I bet mate. Cold without a boot😀😀 you've got to post pictures up of the puddle lights when they're fitted. Look forward to that! 

I'd 100% defo recommend this Kenwood underseat sub. It really is an ace bit of kit! And you can control how much bass you want via the remote control👍 I'll post a video up when I get chance of how it sounds

On 19/02/2017 at 11:05 PM, Ant182 said:

Your build is going great guns top work and I really like the lights 👍

So ive ordered the puddle lights now just awaiting their arrival,

ive also thought about adding halos to the fogs so they light up once i unlock the car hmmmmm 😌🤔

• Like 1

Have you👍 I've seen some in Halfords. Ring ones about £12. The halos sound a good idea too. Seem people put them in headlights but not fogs. Pictures ae always buddy😉

I'm going for the Osram DRL fog lights. £200 is expensive but on youtube they look really good and should look stock in a way with no cutting etc.

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/252532171630?_mwBanner=1

1 hour ago, RazzerRazor said:

Have you👍 I've seen some in halfords. Ring ones about £12. The halos sound a good idea too. Seem people put them in headlights but not fogs. Pictures ae always buddy😉

I'm going for the Osram DRL fog lights. £200 is expensive but on youtube they look really good and should look stock in a way with no cutting etc.

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/252532171630?_mwBanner=1

Definitely get us a pic of that once its done lol

and just waiting for the puddle lights first then will just hook halos off them once i order them in

Damn the osrams have cornering lights too

i want them so bad lol

9 hours ago, sohail-94 said:

Definitely get us a pic of that once its done lol

and just waiting for the puddle lights first then will just hook halos off them once i order them in

Ha will do. I'm holding off till the summer comes round painting the bumper etc. All the salt n crap on the roads, only stone chip it more! 

Good thinking that...hookin them up together👍 

I thought that to cornering lights. But the reviews on Amazon say don't hook them up like. Unless you have cornering lights already. 

• Like 1