Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla T Sport PFL New Owner.

RazzerRazor

Here you go 

https://www.dcperformance.co.uk/uprated/black-diamond-front-brake-pads/toyota/corolla.html

Superb service too. Arrived very quick! 

You think it's draining or something from the dome? Mine only works when its in the on position! And I've checked everything. My fault though swapping 5 different led colour bulbs ha. 

Somebody on here sent my a link from headlight bulbs on eBay. Just like HID's but cheaper and no wiring needed. Here it is.....

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/142154586834

6 hours ago, RazzerRazor said:

Here you go 

https://www.dcperformance.co.uk/uprated/black-diamond-front-brake-pads/toyota/corolla.html

Superb service too. Arrived very quick! 

You think it's draining or something from the dome? Mine only works when its in the on position! And I've checked everything. My fault though swapping 5 different led colour bulbs ha. 

Somebody on here sent my a link from headlight bulbs on eBay. Just like HID's but cheaper and no wiring needed. Here it is.....

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/142154586834

Thanks for that mate however Ive got the ballasts and everything from previously so only need the h4 bulbs which are like £8. 

With the actual Dome I don't have the correct bulb inside it lol its slightly wider and what is should be the bulb so kinda squeezed it in but from a scrapyard a dome would not cost you more than a tenner?

On 19/03/2017 at 4:33 PM, sohail-94 said:

Thanks for that mate however Ive got the ballasts and everything from previously so only need the h4 bulbs which are like £8. 

With the actual Dome I don't have the correct bulb inside it lol its slightly wider and what is should be the bulb so kinda squeezed it in but from a scrapyard a dome would not cost you more than a tenner?

Ah right cool. Cheap doo👍 Yeah shouldn't be much the dome light. eBay prices are crazy money some of them

Any ideas on how I can install tweeters to the car?

ive read that theres already a connector in the door but this has 4wires going into it and a tweeter speaker has 2 wires coming off it? 🤔

Do I just use spade connectors onto the connector?

4 sounds abit odd just for tweeters! When you remove the plastic/grill top of the door. What's there? Do you have the old tweeters? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/03/2017 at 1:39 PM, RazzerRazor said:

4 sounds abit odd just for tweeters! When you remove the plastic/grill top of the door. What's there? Do you have the old tweeters? 

Hi mate, been really busy and car has been on the back burner recently lol but there are no tweeters in there at all,

given alloys in today to be done gloss black

Hiya buddy. Same here to be fair! Got so much coming up and going on, but now it's clutch replacement time. I've know even when my dad had the car that is was on its way out, my fault for not putting money aside. Was hoping for a stage 1 but can't justify the money. Only use it weekends. Can't find an exedy anywhere apart from eBay

I really thought yours had tweeters in their, must be just the t sports. Is it worth it? Hassle wise I mean, or just a 10 min job for you

17 minutes ago, RazzerRazor said:

Hiya buddy. Same here to be fair! Got so much coming up and going on, but now it's clutch replacement time. I've know even when my dad had the car that is was on its way out, my fault for not putting money aside. Was hoping for a stage 1 but can't justify the money. Only use it weekends. Can't find an exedy anywhere apart from eBay. 

I really thought yours had tweeters in their, must be just the t sports. Is it worth it? Hassle wise I mean, or just a 10 min job for you

Lol how do you know if your clutch is going i think mine is too

my cars a 1.6 petrol and I want it to be faster 

also tweeters should take maybe 30mins if I can get my head around the wiring 

There's loads of things to do regarding the clutch test on google etc. Bringing up my clutch pedal, hardly no bite point at all. Changing high gears sometimes it over revs. Standing start, 1st gear, the car nearly stalls cos I don't touch the throttle. 

That's just my own way on my car. 

We all want more speed buddy. Slap a GT4 engine in there you'll be laughing in no time ha ha. Try google Haynes Corolla manual, loads of wiring diagrams in they're! 

9 hours ago, RazzerRazor said:

There's loads of things to do regarding the clutch test on google etc. Bringing up my clutch pedal, hardly no bite point at all. Changing high gears sometimes it over revs. Standing start, 1st gear, the car nearly stalls cos I don't touch the throttle. 

That's just my own way on my car. 

We all want more speed buddy. Slap a GT4 engine in there you'll be laughing in no time ha ha. Try google Haynes Corolla manual, loads of wiring diagrams in they're! 

Lol well i had to settle for the SR due to my insurance its only kicking out 105-110bhp trying to find a remapping place but as its a 1.6 petrol quite difficult 

and yeah trying to get a haynes manual for bedtime reading

my car feels jumpy sometimes and 1/2 gear are sticking at times

12 hours ago, sohail-94 said:

Lol well i had to settle for the SR due to my insurance its only kicking out 105-110bhp trying to find a remapping place but as its a 1.6 petrol quite difficult 

and yeah trying to get a haynes manual for bedtime reading

my car feels jumpy sometimes and 1/2 gear are sticking at times

Ha ha you stick to your 1.6. I remember years ago when I was still at home, took the plunge and bought a Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo for £6K. The insurance in them days was half the price of the car. That much I could hardly afford the fuel. Not good! 

Mapping yours, or even my T sport. I bet your talking 10bhp more. 15 tops, if that. None turbo or supercharged petrol engines don't like it because they're isn't that forced induction it needs. I'd stick to styling mods, sound systems or as you've said in the past...exhaust or Induction kit. Then when the times right the Car and Insurance will be yours buddy. Just my thoughts though pal, you do whatever puts a smile of your face. That's what I do. 

Bought my Impreza years ago for £3.5K standard. Spent £4K on mods and tuning. Sold it for £4K 5 years later. Lost £££££ but I was happy at the time I had it 😁

Sorry mate. With your 1/2 gear problem not sure if that is clutch or gearbox fault. Juddering sounds clutch but gear sticking I'd say gearbox. Have you changed the gearbox fluid at all? 

Others will no more on here than me matey 

2 hours ago, RazzerRazor said:

Ha ha you stick to your 1.6. I remember years ago when I was still at home, took the plunge and bought a Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo for £6K. The insurance in them days was half the price of the car. That much I could hardly afford the fuel. Not good! 

Mapping yours, or even my T sport. I bet your talking 10bhp more. 15 tops, if that. None turbo or supercharged petrol engines don't like it because they're isn't that forced induction it needs. I'd stick to styling mods, sound systems or as you've said in the past...exhaust or Induction kit. Then when the times right the Car and Insurance will be yours buddy. Just my thoughts though pal, you do whatever puts a smile of your face. That's what I do. 

Bought my Impreza years ago for £3.5K standard. Spent £4K on mods and tuning. Sold it for £4K 5 years later. Lost £££££ but I was happy at the time I had it 😁

That is a perfect reply lol i am happy with my car though it is solid :)

also never changed gearbox oil is there a guide anywhere?

😂😂😂 they are great reliable cars to be fair. 

My mechanic changed mine. 

But I've found these for you.  First one......

just a quick heads up for all those attempting this job - for those of you with the 6 speed facelift corolla t sport, like mine, when you go for the gearbox oil fill plug DO NOT undo and refill using the 10mm allen key plug as shown in lots of online guides, that is for the 5 speed ONLY - if you use this fill plug you will only be able to refill the gearbox with 1.9 litres of oil.

If you have a 6 speed box you MUST use the 17mm hex plug that is to the right of the 10mm allen bolt . THIS guide will show you the correct one, scroll down the 6th picture for a comparison. I was a bit dubious about it, as the internet is a big place full of misinformation, so I called in at my local toyota main stealer for some lift bolts and while there cheekily asked one of their mechanics for clarification. He confirmed the above.

I started to change my gearbox oil yesterday, and left it draining overnight to get as much as I could out. The previous owner must have had this done as the 10mm allen plug was rounded off, a common fault when attempting to undo it apparently, and from looking at it whoever did the job used a drift and a hammer to undo it but refitted the same one. Cowboys. After seeing this and doing more research, I measured the amount of gearbox oil that came out when I drained it. Give-or-take I got about 1.8 litres out, which is about right as when refilling through this hole you can only refill with 1.9 litres of oil. I refilled using the 17mm hex plug hole and got EXACTLY 2.3 litres of oil in - the correct amount for a 6 speed

not sure if this has been discussed before, I did search and came up with nothing? apologies if it's a repost

Secound one 

Hope these help you out. The gearbox oil i used is brilliant from Halfords. Made a real difference is smoothy gear changes 

Quick wash n shine. Didn't go mad, not got time lately to be honest. To much work to do around the house! Still looks good for a 15 yr old car😎

20170412_002335.jpg

20170412_002704.jpg

20170412_002634.jpg

Now then Craig, a gearbox oil change does make a massive difference on our old cars, and for a 15yr old corolla it looks great, ready for any show room.  I can seen from the pic you have a large driver way there's plenty of space to put another project Yaris/Corolla for the track lol (the wife wont mind).

13 hours ago, RazzerRazor said:

😂😂😂 they are great reliable cars to be fair. 

My mechanic changed mine. 

But I've found these for you.  First one......

just a quick heads up for all those attempting this job - for those of you with the 6 speed facelift corolla t sport, like mine, when you go for the gearbox oil fill plug DO NOT undo and refill using the 10mm allen key plug as shown in lots of online guides, that is for the 5 speed ONLY - if you use this fill plug you will only be able to refill the gearbox with 1.9 litres of oil.

If you have a 6 speed box you MUST use the 17mm hex plug that is to the right of the 10mm allen bolt . THIS guide will show you the correct one, scroll down the 6th picture for a comparison. I was a bit dubious about it, as the internet is a big place full of misinformation, so I called in at my local toyota main stealer for some lift bolts and while there cheekily asked one of their mechanics for clarification. He confirmed the above.

I started to change my gearbox oil yesterday, and left it draining overnight to get as much as I could out. The previous owner must have had this done as the 10mm allen plug was rounded off, a common fault when attempting to undo it apparently, and from looking at it whoever did the job used a drift and a hammer to undo it but refitted the same one. Cowboys. After seeing this and doing more research, I measured the amount of gearbox oil that came out when I drained it. Give-or-take I got about 1.8 litres out, which is about right as when refilling through this hole you can only refill with 1.9 litres of oil. I refilled using the 17mm hex plug hole and got EXACTLY 2.3 litres of oil in - the correct amount for a 6 speed

not sure if this has been discussed before, I did search and came up with nothing? apologies if it's a repost

Secound one 

Hope these help you out. The gearbox oil i used is brilliant from halfords. Made a real difference is smoothy gear changes 

Will deffo have a try with the gearbox oil and your car looks good 👌🏻

Did you colour the caliper yourself? I want to do mine

1 hour ago, Ant182 said:

Now then Craig, a gearbox oil change does make a massive difference on our old cars, and for a 15yr old corolla it looks great, ready for any show room.  I can seen from the pic you have a large driver way there's plenty of space to put another project Yaris/Corolla for the track lol (the wife wont mind).

Ha ha cheers Steve. Trouble is, down the side when a cars there's you can't open the doors. Not enough room. Crazy when they made these house. Small living room, but massive drive. 

Must admit would love a project car. I'm always working though, I cover half the country so I'm never home on time. Got no time at the minute to work on the Rolla, a project would just rot! Having been thinking about renting a garage though ha. 

51 minutes ago, sohail-94 said:

Will deffo have a try with the gearbox oil and your car looks good 👌🏻

Did you colour the caliper yourself? I want to do mine

Thanks Pal. Cant do it any harm. Probably improve it to be honest. Just make sure you get the right gearbox oil. There's a picture on here (my thread) of the one I got. It's really good. 

I just bought Halfords Red Engine Heat paint. All the calliper paint never worked on my cars over the years, kept flaking off. This stuffs good, Fades abit after a year or so but doesn't flake👍

On 12/04/2017 at 2:49 PM, RazzerRazor said:

Thanks Pal. Cant do it any harm. Probably improve it to be honest. Just make sure you get the right gearbox oil. There's a picture on here (my thread) of the one I got. It's really good. 

I just bought Halfords Red Engine Heat paint. All the calliper paint never worked on my cars over the years, kept flaking off. This stuffs good, Fades abit after a year or so but doesn't flake👍

Ahh will definitely look into it

and with the calipers what prep did you do?

remove them completely or whilst on the car

6 minutes ago, sohail-94 said:

Ahh will definitely look into it

and with the calipers what prep did you do?

remove them completely or whilst on the car

All I did was jack it up, wheel off, air gun them off, got some emery cloth (like fine sand paper) then another air gun blow off. I got the Halfords paint with a brush from the £1 shop rather than a rattle can. Did the caliper and the centre hub. Slight bit that went on the discs came off an hour after with a spin round the block👍

The new Clutch arrived today via Courier. It's a Stage 1 complete 3 piece kit. 

Got my friend mechanic checking his diary 2mrw to get her booked in. Always scarey fitting a clutch, this needs a 500 mile bed in period. 

IMG-20170418-WA0002.jpeg

20170418_191506.jpg

20170418_191521.jpg

This little beaut turned up today via postman pat. Missus thinks I've won some money and not told her 👍 

Bargin for £10. Cleared the fault I had, if it shows up again I'll get it looked at. 

IMG-20170417-WA0000.jpeg

Afew more pics but this time off the drive. Did 22 miles in two weeks ha ha. 

20170416_002930.jpg

20170416_002638.jpg

• Like 1

Looking good matey....

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk