Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2 phones connected to the same car?

nielshm

In my new Auris, we have 2 phones paired to Touch. They can both make calls and receive calls. 

But only the last paired Phone can play music via bluetooth. It does'nt matter if both phones are near the car or not. 

It's seems impossible to get the first paired phone connected as a music playing device. 

Any one else experiencing this issue? 

That works just like my Novero handsfree system (which I removed from my old car before selling). The first phone connected can also play music and the second one phone only. Occasionally the phones swap positions (The Novero announces the first phone by name, then the second connection as a beep). 

Try the following solutions to see if it changes the order or pairing:

Turn off the bluetooth of the first paired phone before getting in the car, turn on the car let the pairing process for the other phone happen. Then turn on the bluetooth of the second phone and get it to pair. Next test the music playback, to see if the system goes for the new second pairing. If it works, turn everything off and get out the car. Get in back in the car and see if the new order remains.

If the suggestion does not work, then the next step is to remove the first paired phone from the units memory and the phone itself. Then do a complete pairing. The phones will hopefully swap order.

Mine's fine with multiple bluetooth devices. Toyota touch go 2. You can go into the bluetooth connection menu and tap whichever device you want connected for audio and it switches to that one and starts playing audio, while still connected to the original phone for handsfree.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links