Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

toyota avensis t3-s d4d 53 plate estate

jem555

hi i am looking to change my power steering fluid anyone no if its a easy job thanks

this isn't meant to be a fluid for sheduled change is it? ( don't have a service schedule to hand) but a nice thing to do anyway if you like looking after your stuff

can take a while to flush out if you don't remove all pipes and try draining steer rack

I used a syringe and over time removed fluid from res bottle then put in fresh ( as I carry 25 litres in my service van at any one time)

theory being the new stuff will dilute the old stuff over time, no air is going to enter system this way

the wife noticed how steering felt lighter after  I did this the first couple of refills, didn't tell her I done it so isn't the placebo effect.

Maybey there is a way of doing it right? every day is a school day

• Like 1

i will give it a go as my power steering fluid is black in colour and my steering is a bit on the heavy side 

Should be bleed nipples on steering rack drain the fluid out and fill with new fluid turn wheels to lock each way and bleed air from nipples have someone top the fluid up whilst you turn the steering.

Iirc that's how ed China on wheeler dealers done it.Google and YouTube can help you too.

Good luck.

P.'s don't turn steering with no fluid in!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links