Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

RAV 4.2 charging voltage

bonjo

would like to check the voltage at the Battery terminals and the engine RPM.

Does anybody know this?

I am not after the volts at the alternator (which involves disconnecting the charging system)

thanks a lot

Not sure what this poster is after. A volt meter or multitester will supply this info. do you have either of these? The reason I ask is because both voltages can be checked from the Battery terminals in situ so there would be no need to disconnect the alternator to check the output, also if your motor does not have a rev counter one could be fitted by an auto sparky

Del

the charging system supplies a certain voltage at certain engine speed to charge the Battery (typically 13~14V @ 2000~3000rpm)

What I would like to know is what these numbers are for RAV4.2 (petrol) at the Battery terminals

thx

A alternator puts out a 13/14 volts from tick over RPM and is unaffected by increased revs which can be read at the Battery when the engine is running

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links