Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auto Yaris 02 1.3 Ticking noise, fluid from exhaust

CharishT

Hi, new to the site so not sure if i'm posting in the right place but i bought my Yaris a couple of days ago, it's at 150,000 miles, didn't think it was a problem as i've read good things about Yaris's and wont be doing more than 5000 miles in a year. It's making a loud ticking noise and has fluid coming from the exhaust, also has a strong smell of petrol. Any ideas of what it could be?

I am pretty clueless when it comes to cars, so i don't want to take it to a garage straight away without some sort of idea of what it could be so i don't get messed about. Thanks.

I'm thinking maybe one or more spark plugs has perished to the point that it's not igniting the fuel. It would make the engine run a bit lumpy and noisier.

Also it would probably be ejecting the unburnt fuel from the exhaust.

This is only an opinion, I am not an expert and I'm sure others will be along to help out soon. Is the engine running and idling normally?

• Like 1

Yep that was the problem we think! Had my dad look at it this afternoon and he said the exact same thing. Thank you!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links