Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New (well used) Rav4 owner. Have mystery beeping whilst driving.

JakeRav4

Hi,

Have just bought a 2005 Rav4 XT3 3d petrol today. Absolutely love it. I have a CRV as well so used to SUV's but the Rav4 is a lot of fun. However, whilst I was playing with it today my cd kept cutting out for a few seconds and a very faint series of beeps are heard then cd carries on. I thought this might be my cd but it is happening with the radio as well. The unit is the original so does anyone know what these beeps mean?

Cheers. Jake

Hello Jake - welcome to Toyota Owners Clu b.

Post moved to the Rav4 club to generate more responses

• Like 1

Thank you FROSTYBALLS.

if it does it on radio & CD, then it could be the traffic announcement which cut out the CD to transmit traffic update.

I have found stations broadcasting this do not always cut in and out correctly.

if it is cd only, then it could be laser hear is having difficulties reading the disc

Possibly traffic camera alerts from satnav?

Thank you for the replies. The cd/radio is the original factory fitted one so no sat nav unfortunately. It did not happen when we took it on the test drive so is going to be something we have pressed :( or done. 

After looking on the net I thought it may be the seatbelt warning but playing with it today it is def not that. The beeps are very fast 6 high pitch beeps and happen even when radio is off so although when the radio, or CD, is on it mutes for the 6 beeps I don't think it is the cause. the sound does seem to come from the centre console or at least to the left side of the dash (UK model so passenger side). No lights are on the dashboard. Sometimes the beeps are very faint but always 6 of them.

The strange thing is the frequency of when this happens is not predictable. On a 7 mile drive it happened once but on the same trip it happened a few times and sometimes almost straight after it had just beeped.Today it happened a few seconds after I started the car, then nothing for twenty mins then twicewithin a few minutes.

Any help would be much appreciated as it is really bugging me now.

I was going to suggest a buzzer (like lights on, door open) but for the passenger side airbag (which can be disarmed I think). But you said it cuts out the CD and radio at the same time.

Just make sure on the radio/cd unit, TA is not turned on.

First of all, I really appreciate your time trying to help me with this. Tomorrow I am going to take it for a spin without the radio on for the whole trip.

TA is turned off :(. If the radio/cd is on it mutes while these beeps happen but they still happen if radio is off. I have tried the lights with door open, keys in ignition with door open and these alarms are slow and duller (frequency is lower) than whats happening. They are faster and a higher pitch than them. Is there a comprehensive list of what alarms there are on the RAV4.

I have tried to accelerate, brake hard, go over bumps, around corners and there seems to be no rhyme or reason to it that I can find, seems totally random. Do you think this could be an O2 sensor warning or pollen filter sensor?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links