Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mineral oil flush

frankie406

Just wondering is it OK to use mineral oil to flush old oil.the engine uses 5/30.I'm just running engine for a bit then using a flush and mineral oil to flush the old stuff and the actual flush itself.then change filter and use the proper oil type.

I wouldn't use mineral oil on that engine Frank, get some cheap semi-synthetic oil instead to flush the old oil then the real deal in at the end.

I take it no DPF on yours? 

No dpf in it.the oil no good then for 10-15min flush then?

Obviously mineral oil wouldn't do for DPF-equipped vehicle (might be wrong but I don't think there's low ash mineral oil readily available.

If you've been running synthetic oil then sometimes the oil seals can be adversely affected with mineral. I'd play safe anyway, better safe than sorry.

Hi

It's fine to use a mineral oil to flush it, it's not in there long enough to be an issue. If it was me, I'd put it in, get it warm, leave it overnight to give the detergents time to work, then get it warm the day after and drain it.

Cheers

Tim

Thanks for the replies.yeah tim I was looking at a Australian site that suggests that.I've a bg109e flush to go into the oil that's in it.then the mineral oil to run that out.also mine runs 5/30w semi.

Aye let it flush out the turbo turds etc.

Ive never subscribed to flushes. In my experience A lot of subarus big ends went after a flush. Prob due to thier inherent flaws as they ran sooo hot where baked on oil would flush loose and cause oil pump relief valve and suction strainer problems etc

I change oil on my cars every 5k or less and change oem filter every year but thats just me

I've always done a flush at around 20k on all my cars.I'm flushing this because the oil is thick black from the town driving the missus has done.the oil has around just 1000miles on it but the car has been sitting nearly a year. The service had always used  Toyota parts and oil

I generally wouldn't use a flushing product unless the engine is a really mess with a lot of sludge. The detergents in a basic oil should clean it out fairly well and be a lot more gentle on the engine.

Cheers

Tim

I'm thinking there's sludge in it.its been just town driving lots of stop starts.the engine barely got up to operating temperature.I had a oil catch can on it just a simple diy 1 in the hose was black oil when it dried it was like a powder.