Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Reverse Gear - Aygo 2013

AlexAygo

Hello,

I have a 13 plate Aygo ICE. Sometimes it will struggle to engage the reverse gear. Putting it into neutral and trying again doesn't work and neither does depressing and engaging the clutch. The only way I have found to work around this is to apply a little gas, let go, and then engage reverse. Sometimes doing this will cause it to sound as if the chain is grinding for a second.

Is this normal? or is there something wrong?

• 2 weeks later...

Probably normal but you can check the clutch adjustment yourself or get the dealer to at next service.

i need to depress the clutch and count one elephant two elephants, then try with 50% chance of 'crunch'.

Try selecting 4th or 5th gear first, then reverse.

I have something similar in my 107 where it can be difficult to engage reverse. I usually take my foot off the clutch, wiggle the stick side to side, then try again. Usually slips in lovely after that.

i think its either clutch cable adjustment or gear change cables may of stretched and require adjusting.

to check your clutch put the handbrake on firmly start car ,engage 1st gear slowly take foot off clutch pedal

as engine revs drop increase the revs,if the clutch itself is very worn you will be able to take your foot

off the clutch pedal and the engine will be still running if its good the engine will stall.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links