Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oil level warning lamp

sniper9652

Hi all, I checked my oil level with dip stick on my d4d 54 plate this morning and it was spot on then during my 80 mile journey the Oil level warning lamp came on?

On completion of the journey I parked up on level ground and let the oil settle...I checked the level and once again it was spot on! When I started the ignition the lamp was off before coming back on a short time later?

Any ideas folks? Btw I've had the car for 4 years and it has never happened before!

regards, Steve

Are you sure it's an oil level warning light and not an oil pressure warning light?

If it's a pressure light, then you could still be getting restricted oil flow, even though the dipstick is showing a spot on level.

No Dave according to the manual the level warning is the one with the wavy line under the symbol!

• 4 months later...

Hi all, this Oil level warning light still comes on after a couple of miles and stayes on? The oil has just been changed before its MOT (passed) and there are no codes on the ODB reader? The car runs realy smooth with no hick-ups...etc!

The warning light is just annoying but also makes you think about other problems?

Regards, Steve

The level switches are prone to failing, much more likely to be a switch than anything else 

can I just remove the plug from the switch on the front of the sump?

to be honest I just want the lamp out..I physicaly check the oil level on a regular basis anyway!

regards, Steve

• 5 years later...
On 10/3/2016 at 12:21 AM, sniper9652 said:

Hi all, this Oil level warning light still comes on after a couple of miles and stayes on? The oil has just been changed before its MOT (passed) and there are no codes on the ODB reader? The car runs realy smooth with no hick-ups...etc!

The warning light is just annoying but also makes you think about other problems?

Regards, Steve

I`m having simmilar issue. 07 Corolla Verso 2.2 SR. Oil level light comes up, when the car is warm. But, If I was to wiggle the car around a bit, the level light goes away for a few minutes. Gonna change the oil soon, we will see, if changing the sensor will help.