Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hello again (help)

RNS

hello all
i brought a brand new gen 3 along time ago now (4 Sep 2010) used it as a  taxi been great looking 200,000 miles one fault. thinking of getting a Gen 4 what the worse mpg u guys with the Gen 4s getting around town please 

Ryan smith

If you are thinking of using a gen4 prius as a taxi, have a good look at the size of the boot.

10 hours ago, johalareewi said:

If you are thinking of using a gen4 prius as a taxi, have a good look at the size of the boot.

and the rear headroom!

In another thread, a taxi driver is (was) using a Prius Plus with seats 6 and 7 removed (unbolted).  Might be an option for you instead of a gen4?

Tricky - from the driver's point of view, the Gen 4 is (IMHO) the biggest leap forward of any Prius new generation, but the rear space is compromised.

If my local taxi firm gets some, I'll stipulate when booking it mustn't be a Gen 4 Prius unless I'm on my own and can sit in the front.

On the other hand, the accommodation in the Prius Plus is going to be better, especially with the 3rd row seats removed and the 2nd row slid fully back.

BTW, in the US, I understand the Plus was only sold with 5 seats for some reason.

Maybe they need extra licensing entitlements to drive 7-seaters over there? I know here we're good up to 7-seats but 8 or more you need to do another test.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links