Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 Hybrid just arrived - in time for road trip!

786s13

Hi 786s13

Yes similar deal. I believe new model comes out in 2017. We will be keeping the car for at least 6 years.

Yes supply and demand but lack of concern over past customers not right in my opinion.

Hi Heidfirst

Will post back in this thread once have formed opinion on crv.

Peter

7 hours ago, 786s13 said:

So far there have only been 34 rav 4 hybrids with TSS registered in 2016... 

Demand outstrip supply... Prices stay high. :sad:

There would be another one if they could get it from the dock to the dealer

:laugh: 

I feel you're pain.. Mine felt like to took ages to get here.

4 month wait I think.. 

Fingers crossed they get transport organised. You've been waiting long enough.

7 months I have waited now, after it was initially supposed to arrive on the the 25th July.

4 hours ago, WarrenB said:

7 months I have waited now, after it was initially supposed to arrive on the the 25th July.

I am sure that Toyota would rather not have had an earthquake affect their production too. ... :) :P

I am not worried about that, the annoying thing is the vehicle has been in the country now for 3 weeks, they just can't get it to the dealer.

Hi Peter great choice of Vehicle good luck with the Honda, they are not selling that many Rav4's to allow them not to do a good deal, maybe they were calling your bluff hoping you would trade at their price, they have lost out... A lot of Toyota owners do return year after year, the dealers know this...

Hi

WarrenB - hope they will give you some compensation for the extra long wait - you deserve a medal. Free servicing during warranty period would be nice.

Heidfirst - appreciate the problems and understand they are doing the best they can. Lack of communication from dealer after being asked did it for me. When we bought the present car the dealer was brilliant. Constant communication so you knew what was happening. Not now though, but those sales people have all left.

The fox - yes very nice car and you get a lot for your money. As said before would have had another Toyota if they had only just bothered talking to me.

Peter

Well the car has unexpectedly turned up a week early, so pick it up tomorrow.

Brilliant news.

Hope you enjoy it.

Please post some pictures and let us know how it tows (obviously after the first 500 miles).

Peter

Yeah just got it. Quick question. I notice on most videos that the energy monitor on the centre screen has 2 electric motors displayed but mine only shows one. The dealer assures me it is the excel so has to be awd but just need a friendly voice to say the uk spec only displays one motor. Weight plate is correct for awd version

Thanks

Congratulations !!! And finally...!! :laugh:

Well done. Enjoy.

Don't know about the display but if you look under the back you should see the motor.

Peter

Only the business hybrids are 2wd... The rest are 4wd.. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Warren

Any news on the Rav?

Thanks

Peter

Well a day after getting it I have been at Centre Parcs so have hardly driven it, but the adaptive cruise control is awesome. Put the CC on and didn't turn it off for around 1.25 hours as the car just accelerated and braked by itself. Very quiet and smooth to drive and very comfortable.

Thanks for that.

Sounds good the acc.

When you've done the miles let us know how it tows.

Peter

Just an update, had mine 3 months next week and the longer I have it the more I love it. I agree the ACC is great, but the TSS saved me a few weeks back when 3 cars shunted each other on the outside lane of the M3, doing around 50 in stop start traffic. I saw it happen, and started to brake, but it kicked in and certainly stopped the car in a safe, stable manner. Took me a while to work out what happened as it happened so quickly!. Certainly makes you feel a bit safer, its also warned me of stationary traffic on slower roads too. Quite good on overtaking once you get used to it, very quiet and comfortable. I may be a wee bit biased, but it certainly does not resemble most of the road test verdicts in the written press that I have seen, which are mostly on the negative side. MPG like most cars depends on the drive, I have had 52mpg from it, but on some journeys 40mpg. Still I am very happy with mine, glad I took the plunge.

I also agree, nothing like the reviews ive been seeing about this car. Very comfy ride even with hybrid batteries and big alloys, doesn't feel unstable or top heavy at all through twisty B roads.  

We've done around 1800 miles in this now and are getting around 42mpg local and motorway mixed. 

ACC is awesome!

David, i thought if you were already braking that the TSS doesn't brake for you? You just get the warning flash up saying "Break!" ?

Last of all... has anyone used the sport button, what does it do? i cant feel any diffrenece?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 786s13 said:

I also agree, nothing like the reviews ive been seeing about this car. Very comfy ride even with hybrid batteries and big alloys, doesn't feel unstable or top heavy at all through twisty B roads.  

We've done around 1800 miles in this now and are getting around 42mpg local and motorway mixed. 

ACC is awesome!

David, i thought if you were already braking that the TSS doesn't brake for you? You just get the warning flash up saying "Break!" ?

Last of all... has anyone used the sport button, what does it do? i cant feel any diffrenece?

Regarding the brake, I pressed it as I saw the cars stopping, but from what I understand, if it thinks its not enough pressure it will apply more to stop. I saw brake lights coming on ahead of the car in front of me but that car one had hit the car in front of it so its lights never came on. The system picked it up and bleeped and I pressed the brake pedal then "bang" the brakes were applied harder by the car. I am sure I would of hit it had that not happened.  A few times since in town, stationary cars in front have been detected and again it beeps at you but did not apply the brake as I did and stopped in time on my own. 

I was sceptical of the system but it works, I have a friend who has a mercedes and a similar system saved him, but its safe to say I know it works now and its there!.

Just an update (as requested by Heidfirst).

Had the car a week now. Mileage 390, mpg 41.2. Very comfortable, drives nice - the 9 speed auto box is a dream. 1.6 diesel very impressive. The box and engine go well together. Rides the road well. Not sure about panoramic roof - jury is still out. Michelin tyres noisy on some surfaces. Yet to tow (early September off to Broadway). Towbar fitted and ready. Nice to have 100kg noseweight.

Will update further after towing.

Peter

First towing trip is coming up for me as well. Attached it to the van today to make sure everything was ok and lights etc worked. All good, so looking forward to the trip.

502 miles on the clock and average 51.8mpg so very happy with that.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links