Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Audiophiles can rejoice in new Prius

thecaretaker

On ‎26‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 4:40 PM, ExInsight said:

Further to my recent post I have discovered that not all usb  sticks are fat32, (the only format that the JBL head unit recognizes). Some of the higher capacity usb sticks (64 gb and above, I believe,come preformatted in exfat). If you try to reformat in your PC it only shows exfat or ntfs as reformat choices...

I use a free program called FAT32format which allows you to create larger Fat32 partitions on USB stick. It works a treat. But on the latest Touch 2 plus firmware, it is not much use as if you have too many music files the system crashes until MrT fix the issue. In hope that it is fixed in the next update: http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm (When I downloaded it, it did not come with any spyware, malware, viruses or toolbars)

On 27/09/2016 at 9:35 AM, johalareewi said:

It would appear that FLAC playing has not reached T&G1 :(

On the plus side, T&G1 does play lossless WMA format files.  That is a rarity.

Maybe it can play FLAC but doesn't like the .flac file extension?

@Caretaker:  What file extension do your FLAC files have?

1 hour ago, johalareewi said:

On the plus side, T&G1 does play lossless WMA format files.  That is a rarity.

Maybe it can play FLAC but doesn't like the .flac file extension?

@Caretaker:  What file extension do your FLAC files have?

All my files are ***.flac

They are all 24bit and anything from 48kHz up to 352kHz but most are 192kHz. Most are purchased online in original FLAC downloads from sites like HDTracks. Some of my old CD's I have converted to FLAC but to be honest, to appreciate the best quality on any system, you can't beat an original high end recording. But then again, I'm probably a bit strange. My wife is perfectly happy to listen to cassettes still on a mono cassette player, my kids are happy with music on their tinny iphones.  Me, I'm too much of a perfectionist with everything. That's probably why I bought a Prius. A car that near to perfection.

Although nothing in life is really perfect, it's fun trying to find it :-)

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links