Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Multiple device login

MikeSh

I have a windows PC and a couple of Android devices I use to read various forums. All seem quite happy for me to be logged in (remembered) on two or more devices, so I can get straight in to 'new posts' etc, except TOC that is.

On this site it appears that logging in from another device kills the login from the previous one, so I then have to login again. This is a pain on a mobile device especially, so these days I tend to only visit TOC when on the PC. Exception is when I'm away for a few days - yes, I've just come back and had to login to the PC again.

Is this a deliberate action of the forum software, a setting the admins can change or a setting I can change? The last would be good obviously :)

Don't have a problem logging into TOC using remembered details from either our Windows 10 desktop, our Windows 10 laptops (3), Windows 7 laptop, Android tablets (4), Amazon tablets (2) or our Windows 8.1 Samsung smartphones.

So, to be clear, you log in to each of those devices once and can then use them interchangeably (and with your registered user access) without having to log in again?

I'll have to have a dig around my settings I think.

Yes. For example I'm using one of my Amazon tablets tonight, have accessed TOC via my usual bookmark, and haven't had to separately log in. 

May depend how you've bookmarked the site and what browser(s) you're using.

Hmm. Today at lunchtime, having used the PC for a few days, I picked up the tablet and it was still logged in. So I did a bit with that.

This evening I've gone back to the PC and ... that's still logged in. Hmmmmm.

All I can say is that this proves conclusively that Google's AI is spying on me and setting up little tests to see how long it takes for me to react.

• 2 weeks later...

Ha! I've not used the tablet for TOC for several days, but have been on the PC every evening - stayed logged in OK.

This afternoon I used the tablet and had to log-in again - I suppose it may have timed out the log-in as it hadn't been used for a while. However, this evening the PC has lost it's log-in, and I can't believe that's a coincidence.

Very strange.

Edit: I just exited the site on the PC (not logged off) opened it on the tablet and read this post. Closed the tablet and opened in the PC again. In both cases it's retained the log-in OK. I think there must be a time factor involved somewhere :wacko: