Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help T180 goes in to limp mode in traffic on hot day

gulab100

Hi all,

Driving home from Bristol n the M5 last Friday in stop start traffic. Was blinkin hot weather. All of a sudden were in limp mode with TRC and VSC both on. Managed to get off motorway and pulled over to see what was what. Car started but still in limp with engine light on too. Not looking good so got recovery home. Drove it on to truck with very little power and a big run up!  Today went to have a look after its sat for a 36 hours and it's started fine. I went to clean out the EGR valve, but some muppet has rounded off one of the 12mm bolts.

Am really concerned that this is going to happen again. Anyone got any ideas?

Ta in advance

So the readout at the garage is pointing to a fluctuating voltage issue. Poss Alternator. I'm not convinced. DPF is out and it appears that the settings for the ERG are constant suggesting that this was set during the re-map. Car starts and runs as normal now, but plenty of warning lights on. Any suggestions anyone? Sticky thermostat? Water and oil still separated and both as normal. Rad appears OK.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links