Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2.2 invincible awd gearbox

Kamikazio

Hello, I have just bought a 63 plate RAV4 invincible awd from Toyota dealership. 24k on the clock. My problem is that the gears feel very notchy on it, in particular 1st and 2nd gears. Is this something I should be concerned about? Is there any known faults with these gearboxes? I appreciate any advice on this.

regards 

My car is much older and has done 78K miles but has the same engine and gearbox. It is just as you describe but got better when I changed the transmission fluids @ 63k not that yours needs changing. I just change slowly and feel for the gear and  it works for me. 

Charlie Farley, who sadly does not post on here any more, suffered exactly the same  problem and kept taking his car back to the dealer to have the transmission cables adjusted and eventually got the gear change silky smooth. 

Yours is well within warranty and I would give them the problem. 

Keith  

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there

We've got the 2.2 diesel, 2010 model. Changing from 1st to 2nd can be notchy. Found that, as mentioned before, if you change slowly then it is ok. Almost like double declutching. Thought that the newer models would have had this sorted.

Peter