Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aygo heater blower stopped working

Barry W

Hi,

The wife's 07 plate AYGO ( with A/c) heater fan stopped working this morning, checked every fuse in the speedo, all looked ok.

Is there a specific fuse/relay that I'm obviously missing?

Is this a likely new Heater motor Job? 

Any info would be appreciated.

Regards,

B

David,

Thanks for the reply, have ordered the resistor, here's hoping!

B

your fan will normally still work on 1 speed i.e. the fastest as the resistor is used to reduce the voltage

by introducing resisitance into the fan circuit so the more resisitance the slower the fan spins

Unfortunately , I am getting nothing from the motor.......on any speed........??

That's why I thought a fuse initially.......but couldn't identify a separate fuse!!;.which fuse?

Are you saying motor is buggered?...ouch!

13 hours ago, Barry W said:

Unfortunately , I am getting nothing from the motor.......on any speed........??

That's why I thought a fuse initially.......but couldn't identify a separate fuse!!;.which fuse?

Are you saying motor is buggered?...ouch!

If you have a/c you need to check both a/c fuses in speedo just in case. A fuse is easy to replace.

see auto user handbook pages, down load into smart phone...

Then check the switch connectors have continuity cause the motor may be expensive but is also not that easy to access.

Borrow multimeter...

The variable speed resistors cook themselves regular but that normally leaves one speed ok.

yes check the switch as you should be getting at least 1 speed from the motor

No speed at all, I've checked the fuses in the speedo, all seem ok.........but want to also check the a/c fuses/ relays although I can hear it trying to come on then I hit the A.C button.

I just really need confirmation that it's the motor before I embark on buying  a new motor  and start t taking the dash apart in what would seems to be a  pita job!

Is it likely to be anything else.another fuse, another relay....... anywhere?

On 6/12/2016 at 7:02 PM, Barry W said:

David,

Thanks for the reply, have ordered the resistor, here's hoping!

B

My apologies Barry, I should have mentioned that usually the fast speed should still work. Might be worth keeping the new resistor, coz if you do end up taking the dash apart to access the blower, then you can replace it to save a job later on.

Dug up a thread with someone who had a similar problem to yours:

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/152722-heater-blower-motor-replacement-diy-interior-fan/

David,

Thanks for that, I had already seen it, looking at the job, looks a real PITA.........not for the faint hearted by any means......

Currently checking everything still hoping for an easy fix before taking the dash out ( and every other !Removed! thing)

Thought recently fixing the washing machine was kinda time consuming, but nothing in relation to this issue!

Thanks again,

B

20 hours ago, Barry W said:

No speed at all, I've checked the fuses in the speedo, all seem ok.........but want to also check the a/c fuses/ relays although I can hear it trying to come on then I hit the A.C button.

I just really need confirmation that it's the motor before I embark on buying  a new motor  and start t taking the dash apart in what would seems to be a  pita job!

Is it likely to be anything else.another fuse, another relay....... anywhere?

There are two fuses in the speedo and I think one in main fuse box.

see the user handbook pdf

but you have provided more information.

you have the fan selected to full on and you push a/c and the relay clicks once?

Will check out the two fuses again and look for the one in the main fuse box after consulting handbook........

I would confirm nothing happens on any speed with heater motor control, If I press A/C button, I can hear it working in background.   

Awaitng new Blower motor.....for the big job that I'm not looking forward to!

Checked the two speedo fuses, they're ok.....only the 40amp in the reverse of the speedo..don't hold out much hope TBH......

Motor install here I come............bugger! 

30A fuse No 10 in the engine fuse box ,the fuse box is by the Battery.

it looks like a square fuse with a clear top

watermarked_Fuses03.jpg

i hope this is your fix fingers crossed

Checked all the fuses in the engine Fuse box, all ok

I could see how the 3 big clear topped fuses come out but confirmed they look ok.

New motor arrived..£86 later

There's nothing for it but to take out the dash, at least I have a previous Post as a prompt ......

I am not looking forward to this job...........anyone hearing bad language forgive me just the Scot coming out!

if only i lived closer i'd of given you a hand

Hi,

Appreciate the thought, I should have started the job but I keep finding excuses to delay,

Procrastination rules!

I promise I will begin tomorrow AM........unless it's raining, unless it's too warm, unless there's an r in Thursday.......

Thanks again,

B

;

Well, the top of the dash is off ( I used the You Tube Video as a guide ) 

Now the problem is that The You Tube video used a  complete stripped out heater unit to illustrate replacing the heater motor, when in practise  there  isn't enough room to extract the motor as the top of the clutch pedal is in the way. I did see a blow by blow account from someone else confirming that you have to take all the lower dash off and the clutch pedal as well as move the steering column   (I'm not kidding!) This is unbelievable!

So I'm still looking at ways of short circuiting the above and will take the clutch pedal bracket off tomorrow ........not enjoying this!

B.........

dont lie to the members your enjoying every second of the strip down

and even better you know you can carry on with it tomorrow and have more fun. lol

Don't mention the Toyota word to me................I can see me working on this all day, cursing the car with ever turn of a ratchet.......

Can't even see how the connector comes off the motor .....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

your making me laugh with your comments.

on a postive note with every turn of that rachet you are one turn closer to the finish line.

just looked on the bbc weather web site and you have a nice weather on saturday.

I left off on it today, I keep looking at the script from the guy that did it before, some of the bits require a 4/out of 5 tech guy, I ain't that guy.

I fell asleep last night thinking about the job, I drifted into nod land with a 10mm spanner in my hand....., this is not right...........

The clutch pedal bracket has to come off ( among a million other !Removed! things) I keep thinking of ways to pull the Motor up out of the dash without all that hassle...........

Immediate issue is to release the motor...easy you say....huh, easy for you to say, I've got the wife's car in a million pieces in the front of the garage, I'm keeping watch in case some bad guys steal the wheels.........I don't want to do this job.....really don't!

here is the video you need

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links