Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2016 Prius - Dashboard Vibration Noise

Dave Meditz

I have a 2016 Prius and have a dashboard vibration when I accelerate at any speed over 30kmh. It stops as soon as release the accelerator. Does anyone else have this?

Touch wood, no problems like this with mine, so far.  Only got it Friday though, and just over 100 miles on the clock now.

No rattles here on my Gen4. I've done 1,000 miles so far.

I have 982 on my Gen4. I have an appointment on June 20th at the dealership to have them try and find it. I will let you know what they discover

I have 4k miles on mine, no rattles so far but early days yet.

This has been split from the original 10+ year old thread, as it merits a new thread in it's own right.

My new 2016 Prius exhibits a resonance buzz on the left side.  Service Manager took covers off windshield post and added insulation,  Did not fix.  Dealer prepped replacement car for us, but it had same "buzzing".  Taking ours in again tomorrow.  Approx. 400 miles on car, most taking it back and forth to dealer (45 mile round trip[).  Service Manager describes it as wind through venetian blinds.  Car has lots of very thin plastic covers under body and under hood.  Might be thin plastic resonating against body.  More to come.  I wish I hadn't bought first year of production.  My car built April 7, 2016.

• Like 1

I had my appointment today at theToyota Dealer. The Service Dept. spent about 3 hrs pin pointing the vibration. It was caused by a heater vent on the drivers side. They completely remedied the issue. I cannot say enough about the Service Department. They asked me to ride along with the technician  to demonstrate the vibration. After repairing the problem. They made 2 test drives to insure it was fixed before telling me the vibration issue was solved.  There was no hate for this as it is a new Prius with 1,000 miles on it. I could not be happier.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Dave,

Was vent in question lower part of dash? The floor vent? I've got vibration on mine that dealer and I have not been able to pinpoint as of yet. Thanks in advance.

Yes, the noise was coming from the air conditioner/heater vent under the dash. They said it made the sound like it was coming from the top but it was not. It has been fixed for a while now and there have not been any noises since.

Dave

Thanks I appreciate the response. I've been getting a buzzing at certain speeds when I'm slightly accelerating or maintaining speed. It spent a week at dealer while I was out of town with no cure.

Thanks I appreciate the response. I've been getting a buzzing at certain speeds when I'm slightly accelerating or maintaining speed. It spent a week at dealer while I was out of town with no cure.

That is exactly when mine was buzzing. Toyota Knoxville TN in the US took 1 hour to find the buzz and 45 minutes to fix it. Great job and no charge to me. I hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 2016 Prius 4.  Love the car, but vibration in dash driving me to distraction!!!  Go in for 5000 service soon.  What are others finding to solve the problem?  I am in Mechanicsville Va.  Great dealer but they will need direction?  Help folks!

I had a dashboard vibration noise also. Toyota Knoxville found the problem. Although the sound was coming from the dashboard it originated from he heater vent underneath  by your feet. They fixed it without charge and I have not had a problem since June 2016.

Thank you for sharing.  I will report this to the dealer when we take it in.  By now, their system should have records of what is found.  The dealers have a database of "fixes" for "problems" to draw on that we customers do not see.  Hopefully this is in the database.

• 2 months later...

I seem to have the same problem with my 2016 Prius, it appeared about a month ago and seems to fit the description that Dave was getting. Took it into the dealership, left it with them as I had to go to work. But they couldn't hear the vibration, though it is obvious to me. Does anyone know the actual fix, is it something that I can do myself ?

They also did the foot brake recall while they had it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links