Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

POWER LOSS Intercooler hoses Broken, 1CD-FTV 2004 Avensis 116 h.p. parts needed

l3st4t

Hi guys, my intercooler has both hoses, in and out, broken, so the car is having power loss. Also both hoses are sitckey and oiled...., anyway, I need to know parts numbers to check eBay for them.

See attached picture from an intercooler (whole set) I've downloaded form the web, thank you very much.

$_57.JPG

I'm also cleaning intercooler, any ideas about disassembly and cleaning??, THANKS!!!

You should be able to get part numbers from toyodiy/japarts online.there is service folders somewhere on here.

As for the cleaning of intercooler the splash guard has to come off and bumper too.pretty easy I done mine two weeks ago.I steeped mine in hot water with degreaser/washing up liquid then ran hot water through it then cold water to flush it out until clean.make sure you get ALL the water out.a hairdryer or airline compressor.also clean all piping to and from turbo to throttle.

• Like 1

longer one (comes from throttle body) 17343-27030
shorter one (comes from metal air tube) 17342-27050

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, avensisd4d786 said:

Thank you very much!!, confirmed are thoses.

I'll report news about the cleaning process and results!, thanks

6 hours ago, avensisd4d786 said:

Would you mind telling what website or documents have you used for checking that parts numbers??, thanks!

type in google toyota parts catalogue, you will need your VIN.

• Like 1

Here is one of the sites I use to source part numbers. Just enter your VIN and hit OK at the top of the page.

http://www.japan-parts.eu/toyota/eu/2004/avensis/cdt250r-almeyw/3_273550_083_223W/tool-engine-fuel/1703_air-cleaner

Click on the numbers next to the parts in the illustration. The full part number and description will appear.

• Like 1

Ok guys. Thanks you very much. I really apreciate your help. I finally bought the houses from an uk ebayer and dispatchedfrom Poland. Replaced and cleaned the intercooler and also the metalic hoose with acetone!!  Really worked.

As you can see the houses are damaged and I have the clue that was because of the acid of the previous Battery that was leakig from front.

Was easy and the car goes like a rocket again. Km/l or mpg in your case are now ok.

Next step I'm adding xenum in&out for cleaning disel tank,pumb, rail, injectors and exhaust parts. Then I'm replacing diesel and air filter. Thanks guys.

P60618-101300.jpg

P60618-101244.jpg

P60618-101232.jpg

• Like 1

Try to take pics when you do all the other work and a description please.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, frankie406 said:

Try to take pics when you do all the other work and a description please.

True :sad:, I should have done pictures of the whole process. Next time mate.

What I did is taking out the air filter box, Battery (varta 74ah works great), the little houses that of vaccum, the big metalic hoose, and the front bumper, now I could access to the 4 screw that holds the intercooler, dissmounted the intercooler and both hooses, is the part you see at the pictures.

At this part cleaned the intercooler and the metalic hoose following this tutorial from a guy clean intercooler with acetone.

I replaced the damaged hooses and put everything back againg.

Next time I'm doing more photos of the whole process.

Thanks

Yes mate I done my intercooler a few weeks ago. Like to see the next work your doing like the tank rail exhaust system 👍

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links