Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Service & MOT

joanne8017

Hi Peeps

My Aygo Fire is due its MOT and service next month.....Do I need to use Struans my my MOT?  Will take it to Struans for its service, But i take it I can go to any garage for an MOT?

Also how much does an annual service usually cost? 

Thanks in Advance

You can go anywhere for your MOT.  Also, under 'block exemption' rules (a big court case the car manufacturers lost a few years ago), you can get your car serviced at any VAT registered garage, but the onus is on you to prove it was done to manufacturers specs etc,so you need to keep receipts.

• Like 1

My Aygo has a warranty so I just get services done at the toyota dealer. They're pretty competitive MOT/service pricewise as they wouldn't want to do themselves cheaper than other places.

Would have thought it would be easier to have the car serviced and MOT'd at the same time at the same place. Whether you use Struans is your choice.

personally i would have Struans do the service and mot  i feel it looks better if all

paperwork is main dealer as it shows the car has been looked after properly

Car passed MOT with flying colours this morning at a local garage and booked into struans next month for service :)   My car is 4 years old now and been told its a big service :( 

did you ask struans for the best price for the service you will find they can normally knock off 10% straight away.

for my oli & filter change at lexus my price dropped from £245 to £209 just because i asked so dont be embarrased

the money is better in your pocket than theirs.

Yeah was quoted £250 but he must of heard the horror in my voice and brought it down to £200.

My first car so not sure about how much things cost etc!!!!  Just glad my car passed MOT without any hick ups 

Most dealers operate Toyota's Fixed Price Scheme - the prices quoted are maximum so dealers are free to offer below list.

For an Aygo Intermediate is £140, Full is £250 & Full+ is £290.

https://www.toyota.co.uk/caring-for-your-toyota/service-and-maintenance/car-servicing.json

Additionally, your car may require some additional services/parts dependent on age and mileage of vehicle.

• 3 weeks later...

Just booked in our 6 year old Aygo with local Dealer for £100 (interim service incl. MOT), but with us providing 4L of Castrol Edge (bought from Costco).

You just need to haggle hard with the Dealer, don't be shy!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links