Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Airconditioning not working

JackDaniel

Dear All,

Avensis D4D Estate Diesel Year Man 2010. I have a problem  with the AC. The cooling system is not working and the seems that the fan is blowing normal temperature air.

The AC control ( Dashboard) seems to be working fine but no cooling. I 've checked the fuse box near the engine and it looks ok. Any fuses/relays related to the AC behind the glove box?

Is there any tests which i can try? Any help much appreciated.

Kind Regards

Gino

How long is it since the air con was working?

Thanks for replying mate. Not sure cause i dont use it in winter but last year it was already loosing some of the cooling teperature.

regards

Gino

Air con really needs to be used at least once a week all year round to ensure the seals are kept lubricated to prevent leaks. Used with the heater, air con provides faster demisting  than just using the fan, especially in winter.  Probably need to get it checked for leaks and re-gassed.

• Like 1

Ah! Ok Mike ,  I only use it 3 months during summer time. The thing is...  I have another Toyota (Caldina 1996 model) and I only use it in summer and still working fine.

As Well, my wife has a Toyota Vitz and she uses only in summer and never gave problems .So modern cars are so delicate that you have to use once a week?

Thanks again Mike, I really appreciate.

Best Regards

Gino

Hi Mike,

I went to check my air con and it was very low in gas as you said. They re gassed the system and is now working excellent.

They informed me that its worth giving it a try as it is and if it fails again they check for leaks.

I noticed that the bottom of the condenser is dirty, can this be cleaned with a power wash?

Thanks again and Best Regards.

Gino

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links