Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2009 Toyota Avensis 2.0 V Matic Auto

nazzy125

Hello everyone,

New to this forum, i currently own a 2007 Toyota Avensis 2.2 D4-D T Spirit its been a fabulous car owned it just over 5 years, now its time to upgrade :) ive seen a 2009 Avensis 2.0 V Matic M-Drive S that matches what i am after, im looking to go for a petrol model this time, has anyone got one of these?, im interested to know an owners perspective, Average MPG?, Reliable as any other Toyota?, is the M Drive S gearbox any good?, they seem like quite rare cars most of the petrol powered models are 1.8.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Cheers!

Hello Nazim - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Thread moved to the Avensis club.

Hi Nazim,

Toyota UK stopped offering the 2.0 as there was very little difference in performance compared to the 1.8 (only an extra 5bhp) but the fuel economy & iirc taxation were worse. HonestJohn's RealMPG says that the 2.0 Vmatic doe 35 v 40 for the 1.8 http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/realmpg/toyota/avensis-2009

As for the gearbox it depends what you want. It's  a CVT so can get a bit noisy if pushed to accelerate hard but it's very reliable.

The multidrive box seems to be fairly problem free.  The one in my 1.8 was great to drive around town but could get a bit revvy on hills, especially at motorway speeds.

I have driven a Rav4 AWD CVT 2.0l Valvematic and really liked it. 

The car was in Economy setting and the engine changed up quickly and never revved high. This may be down to the settings for this installation, and/or the extra torque provided by the larger engine. I cannot confirm the economy, but the owner says is good, and they previously owned a Mk2 1.8 auto.

Just needs somebody with to confirm the driving behaviour of the 2.0l Valvematic in the Avensis. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links