Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aftermarket stereo for gen II Prius - how to?

priusnoob

So.. I wish to replace the stereo in the Prius with one of my own. I want DAB/USB/CD/bluetooth capability! Single DIN and double DIN don't really bother me so much

See, I know that I need to buy a stereo, but I can't find any suitable fascias :( Or say a steering wheel control kit :( Does any one have any advise on what I should buy? For say both single DIN and double DIN?

Help would be really appreciated!

If any one has a model number to get, that'd help of course, and of course say maybe an eBay link? Thanks :)

I would like to really keep the navigation system too

• 1 month later...
On 20/06/2016 at 0:52 PM, johalareewi said:

The place to look for gen2 prius aftermarket stereo fitting is Prius Chat.

http://priuschat.com/forum/gen-2-prius-audio-and-electronics.13/

Hi thanks for that

Sorry about the late reply. I did ask there, but thought Id ask a more...UK forum as well. THey're super helpful over there, but they are mainly in the US

When I did my aftermarket stereo on the gen3 prius, prius chat were great.  Not just the US guys but several from Europe too.

• Like 1

On 29/07/2016 at 9:05 AM, johalareewi said:

When I did my aftermarket stereo on the gen3 prius, prius chat were great.  Not just the US guys but several from Europe too.

Just had a look at Crutchfield and it seems that for the gen 2, it's fiddly as hell - it requires soldering something, so you don't lose climate control, but you do lose the sound for the navigation system..

I might look in to getting an AUX>USB adapter, banging in a shuffle mp3 player, and having that connected, alongside maybe a DAB radio though I guess the music will be "OK" :D

Gen2 prius is a bit special which is probably why there is a dedicated section for it on Prius Chat.  Gen3 prius is easier but you have to watch out for RHD and LHD head units.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey priusnoob,

I have just traded in my gen 2 prius for a auris hybrid. I installed a double din stereo in my gen 2 i have now removed it all and its sitting in my garage so i have some parts to sell that you may be after? i have a double din facia kit, steering wheel control interface and the adaptor if you have the JBL Speakers. Selling the stereo too but its quite an old model and does not have dab.

Let me know if your interested in anything can also advise on install 

Thanks 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links