Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Drivers side wind noise

19mick87

Hi

Purchased my car over a week ago and I have had a few problems with it already which the dealer is going to investigate next week.

Another problem im having which I failed to mention to them, is there is a lot of wind noise coming from the drivers door when driving at motorway speeds, also when I close the drivers door its sounds different than the passenger door almost like a van door closing.

Any suggestions on what might be causing this and how to resolve would be great.

Thanks

you might want to check if there are any cracks in the door by the restraining straps - it's known to have happened in a few. Check door seals, they are 7 years old after all & check hinge adjustment.

Re the door could be a couple of things that are causing it. Try some mineral oil on all the hinges, should make it quieter when opening and closing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spot on heidfirst. I presume this is whats causing the excessive wind and metal flexing sound when I close the door.

Should this be covered under warrenty from Toyota considering I only bought the car last week? Or did they do a recall?

20160620_074356.jpg

No recall in the UK as it isn't safety related. However Toyota may have a voluntary service campaign to deal with this issue. If not, it should be covered under the dealer's warranty.

Its going in next monday for a few bits that need sorting so I will also be pointing this out to them.

Whats the voluntary service campaign?

• 1 month later...

the voluntary campaign isn't a safety issue like a recall its more of we know there are issues that don't compromise the safety of the car BUT

if you mention you have an issue with an item on this safety list then it would be covered under warrranty,

they are know as TSB's technical service bulletin's.

All sorted got a new door under warrenty and also new seals around the small window beside the wong mirror as the seals had deteriorated and was the cause of the wind noise.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links