Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

SCV and PCV valve location?

MikeT4

Hi

I have 2005 Toyota Avensis 2.0 Diesel. Unfortunately it developed a fault where it would loose power and black smoke would come from the exhaust. Thanks to a little help from your forum I was able to clean the EGR valve and that helped a lot. So thanks for the help. The problem now is that there is still a little loss in power on occasion around 2000rpm and there is still black smoke coming out the back.

I noticed there was black sludge coming out the input to the PCV system which makes me think there might be an issue with the PCV valve. Unfortunately I don't know where it is. Can someone point it out on a picture?

I've also read on this forum that it might be an issue with the SCV valve but again I can't locate it. Hopefully someone can point this out as well. 

For the pcv there isn't actually a valve it's more or less a breather/vent.the hose comes from top right hand side of the engine this hose goes into air intake hose from filter box to turbo.

That would explain why I couldn't find it.:-) It's just that any diagram I've seen for a generic PCV system shows the input to the system just after the air filter and the output (where I would expect the PCV valve to be) just after the throttle.

Yeah the petrol version has the pcv at the top right of engine where our hose comes out  and as you say into throttle. 

Ours has a baffle inside rocker cover that's supposed to minimise oil vapour into intake.but don't think that it's the best design. I'm going to flush mine out sometime and blow air through it to hopefully clean it.also there's a small hose probably about 3mm ID that draws air from intercooler into throttle body. Must act like pcv system. 

So it's not relay a serviceable \ replaceable part? What are you going to flush it with? Where is the stuff you are going to flush the system with, going to coming out?

I've added a picture of the engine is the area I've highlighted where the air is drawn in to the system or where the vapour comes out?

If the other end of the system is visible externally can you highlight it in one of the pictures below?

IMG_20160620_19261105961_HDR.jpg

IMG_20160620_192542084.jpg

IMG_20160620_193949206.jpg

Does any one have any other suggestions on what I should try next? I've cleaned the EGR valve and the mass airflow sensor but power seems to sometimes come and go when accelerating between 2000-3000 revs.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same problem. Clean the 3 vsv valves.

Have you checked all the hoses to see if they are all OK. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links