Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla T sport Wheels

JRCorolla2

Hi All,

Recently ive lowered my rolla and been running some 225/45/17 which are at least a third heavier on each corner!

its harder to get into lift due to slow acceleration because of the heavier wheels, so im going to go back to 16" with a 195/65/16 tyre on...

is anyone running 16s still and got any pics of this on a 30-40mm dropped car? or have any issues or pros and cons of 16s vs 17s on a PFL rolla?

thanks!

Unless the wheels are substantially heavier (think tens of kilos) then realistically they shouldnt have a noticeable difference on acceleration once the car is moving. Certainly shouldn't affect lift as you should already have good momentum before trying to get into lift. Is everything okay mechanically?

On topic, 16"s will also help with some of that trashiness and harshness in the ride caused by the springs so that is definitely a pro. Are you sure about the ratio size? 65 seems wrong considering the 15"s run on 60?

The only con you might come across would be aesthetics - but that's purely subjective and IMO it will look at lot better than the black wheels you have on her atm! :P 

2 hours ago, Cookeh said:

Unless the wheels are substantially heavier (think tens of kilos) then realistically they shouldnt have a noticeable difference on acceleration once the car is moving. Certainly shouldn't affect lift as you should already have good momentum before trying to get into lift. Is everything okay mechanically?

On topic, 16"s will also help with some of that trashiness and harshness in the ride caused by the springs so that is definitely a pro. Are you sure about the ratio size? 65 seems wrong considering the 15"s run on 60?

The only con you might come across would be aesthetics - but that's purely subjective and IMO it will look at lot better than the black wheels you have on her atm! :P 

lift seems fine now lol, was just wondering if it could have an effect. yeah i think i may go back to 16's, it depends really. im quite drawn to a dished wheel!

On 20/06/2016 at 11:04 AM, JRCorolla2 said:

Hi All,

Recently ive lowered my rolla and been running some 225/45/17 which are at least a third heavier on each corner!

its harder to get into lift due to slow acceleration because of the heavier wheels, so im going to go back to 16" with a 195/65/16 tyre on...

is anyone running 16s still and got any pics of this on a 30-40mm dropped car? or have any issues or pros and cons of 16s vs 17s on a PFL rolla?

thanks!

Woo my first post, my rolla on tsport wheels sat around a 50mm drop. Got no experience on 17s though.

DSC_0139.JPG

12 hours ago, woodsyy said:

Woo my first post, my rolla on tsport wheels sat around a 50mm drop. Got no experience on 17s though.

DSC_0139.JPG

looks lovely mate, just gonna keep the tyre width down i think this time, theoretically i could get 18s with a smaller tyre.