Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Corolla TS y2005 owner

SFerrari

Hello dear Members,

I'm a proud new owner ; I just bought this WE a beautifull 2005 Corolla TS with 51.000 miles.

I currently own a deeply modified 2000 MR2, with 1ZZ engine, so I'm new to 2ZZ world :-)

This car is a very good car to drive on highway, it is true pleasure to relax in it, and also high revs are nice ; but it is not a sport car as stock car but the potential is important ;-)

Here are some pics of the car I quickly did yesterday.

I have quite lot of questions, but I need to read the existing post on the forum before asking questions :-)

20160619_125447-2.jpg

20160619_141633-2.jpg

I'm thinking of doing mods.

First is the (no) sound of the car. I want an heavy sound, what you guys would recommand please ?

I don't like much kind of Remus sound, I want more racing sound (preferably dual pipe exit or like the Compressor model one exit on each side), this could include backbox+sport cat and why not headers if necessary. I looking for heavy sound and also preferably performances :-) So nothing that makes loosing torque/HP indeed...

Also what tyres are you using guyes as I may have to change mine, not sure what best fits the car ?

I'll do an oil change, will use Royal Purple oil. What do you personnaly use ?

Thanks

Hi and welcome.

As for sound you have a few options but an induction kit of some sort (I have an Apexi) should be your first port of call. As for exhausts, well there isn't much choice for off the shelf parts so you would need to go custom.

Go for a 2.25" straight through cat-back exhaust and you should have all the noise you need without loosing any power.

Tyres wise I'm running Uniroyal rainsport 3's and will all the rain we have been having I'm very impressed.

Hi and thanks for answering :-)

I found Magnaflow is doing exhaust for TS, don't know if it is worthing (in sound) the price ?

About Air filter, I like them, but I read that stock ECU doesn't like it at all and you could loos power/torque (and having light on dashboard ?) ?

What setup is used as per air filter/intake exactly ? Having a TRD air filter or BMC air filter in the stock airbox with a straight pipe to front bumper for fresh air ?

I was thinking of Toyo Proxes T1R as they are cheap and seems ok, what do you think ?

Cheers

Not sure on Magnaflow as we don't have them available in the UK as far as I know. What ever exhaust you go for you need to make sure it's non-resonated.

Before fitting my Apexi I ran with a standard airbox with a HKS panel filter and a 2.5" cold air feed right down to the bottom of the bumper next to the fog light and although it wasn't the loudest set-up I personally felt it gave the best performance, only changed to Apexi power-intake as I wanted more sound. (No problem with EML as long as correct vacuum pipe is blocked off).

Toyota proxies are good tyres but I have never run them so can't give you a personal opinion.

Thanks Yusuf for your answers, very appreciated ;-)

Why do you need non-resonnated exhaust in fact ?

I found the ROAR exhaust which sounds amazing ! Its about 1000€ Sport Cat + Muffler but it is good I guess, do you know it ?

Cheers

Non-resonated exhaust will be louder.

Never heard of this exhaust make, seems your in Europe and have access to different companies.

Which website did you get the HKS air filter from please ?

I'm thinking of adding an oil temperature display because it is missing in the car... :-(

Got my HKS panel filter from eBay.

As for oil temp display, I would like one to, shame Toyota didn't think to include one.

I see there is : Blitz, PaperCross, Green, TRD air filter (as per not oily filters), which one is best to you for fitting in the stock airbox ?

I'm changing SparkPulgs and oil/oil filter. What Spark plugs do you use :NGK Iridium or TRD Iridium ISO (grades 6, 7 or 8) ?

Yes, I have had several sport car, and oil temp display is rarely there, it is a crime ! ;-)

Cheers

Blitz has come highly recommended inthe past. 

As for spark plugs I use. Denso Iridium IK20 from Toyota.

Lovely looking car mate. Mods are sounding good too! 

Exhaust wise...top gear make exhausts anyshape sound and size you want. Depos all over too. 

They made one for my mazda mx3 v6 years ago. Sounded awesome to be fair! Nothing like my old scooby but not much does ha 

Thanks RazzerRazor :-)

Didn't know about TopGear exhaust ; just droped them an email.

What is the scooby exhaust :-) ?

I'm thinking of removing AC (not used and weight saving, also better engine cooling efficiency).

Anybody already tried it ? What will be the Belt lenght to be bought then ??

Cheers

1 hour ago, SFerrari said:

Thanks RazzerRazor :-)

Didn't know about TopGear exhaust ; just droped them an email.

What is the scooby exhaust :-) ?

Great stuff! 

Never had one made for my Impreza. Can get them anywhere!

It's our T Sport where parts are spubik.

At the time of launch people preffered the Civic Type R to ours, hence all there modding stuff. 

I used Top Gear for when a car i bought had a small selection of exhausts.

My impreza was a Afterburner Vortex  (angled). Sounded amazing to be fair. It's on YouTube my car👍😊

1 hour ago, SFerrari said:

I'm thinking of removing AC (not used and weight saving, also better engine cooling efficiency).

Anybody already tried it ? What will be the Belt lenght to be bought then ??

Cheers

Not a clue fella. Sorry 

Thanks ;-)

The link on Toyota TechDoc on the forum doesn't work anymore, does anyone have the PDF file of Technical Handbook or such in order to have full technical detail on the car please ?

:-)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links